Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CamCracker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
I received an ipod classic from a friend (broken.) It does a constant reboot loop over and over, off and on. I have tried installing 1.1, 1.1.1, and 1.1.2 firmware on it, and everytime it restores on the iPod Classic, it shows the moving bar (you know, when you restore it) on the iPod's screen. It gets about 3/4 done and then does the reboot loop again. I have tried uninstalling itunes. flushing dns. hitting it on my hand and everything I could find. I have a computer I got that has administrative blocks on it with itunes. I have downloaded the latest (1.1.2) firmware file. I try to restore it on that computer. It cant connect to the net. I did diagnostics and it is all fine. I tried shift and then choose restore on the blocked computer and it says it cant find the firmware file. I tried looking for a spot to put the firmware file in that would make sense, but the computer has blocks, so it wont let me put anything anywhere except on the desktop and in my documents. What do I do?:confused:

Any help solving this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for anyone who helps!:)

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
At this point, if you cannot reload/restore the iPod firmware on it, its a hardware issue. Unless you feel comfortable enough taking it apart with instructions from ifixit.com save yourself a headache and bring it to an Apple retail store.

chriskeates

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2010
To fix it

If you haven't already returned it, what i did with mine was hit repeditly on the back until it showed a white screen with the do not disconect symbol.
(i had it plugged into a windows vista computer) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.