my ipod doesn't transfer music

Discussion in 'iPod' started by majesty01, Aug 24, 2006.

1. majesty01 macrumors newbie

hey guys i need some help.

I recently downloaded itunes and ipod shuffle driver. All tip-top, up to date softwares installed. However, whenever i try to transfer music to my ipod shuffle, it gives me this error message:

[​IMG]

I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it again, but still no luck. My computer can not write to my ipod shuffle. But it does recognize the ipod when i plug it in. weird. Does anyone ever had this problem?

2. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

It sounds like the flash drive in the ipod has gone bad! It may be time for a new ipod!

3. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I'll give you the standard Apple answer: "Soft reset the iPod. If that doesn't work, restore it." If that doesn't work, contact Apple.

Your iPod is formatted for PC, correct?

Daniel.

4. majesty01 thread starter macrumors newbie

What they mean by soft reset the iPod? My shuffle is formatted. But not completely. It has 336 kb if you look at the image above. I think those are factory file set in there. I don't know what are they. I only used ipod for music, and so far, no music in there.

5. majesty01 thread starter macrumors newbie

Also my window did recognized the iPod. I have a screen shot:

[​IMG]

I don't know what are those files. Again, I believe those are the factory default software.