MY iPOD FELL IN THE TOILET

Discussion in 'Community' started by methodshop, Jun 3, 2004.

1. methodshop macrumors newbie

MethodShop.com offers free iPod tech support online. Every once in awhile we'll get a really good question like this one....

"I know this was stupid of me, but i never thought it could happen. About 3 days ago, i was listening to my ipod (1st gen, 5gb) whilst brushing my teeth. I held the ipod and was selecting a song to put on, however if fell from my hand, and just happened to land into the toilet. I grabbed it out of there as soon as i could, which was about 1 second. i immediately dried it with a towel, but also shook it alot to get water from the inside out of it. It wasnt working, but i pressed reset (pause and menu together) and there was a very faint low battery sign. I plugged it in for recharge but there was no response, and i continued to try and get it working but to no avail..." ~ hsloyal

We told him to send it out to get fixed.

2. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Wouldn't this considered to be spam?

(altho, an iPod falling into the toilet is pretty funny. "I was taking a dump and was litening to my iPod, and I wanted to change the song, but is 'slipped' and fell into the crapper. Since there is water in the toilet, I tryed to dry it off in the microwave, now when I try to turn it on, nothing happens. Appel should make their products more damage resistant; this is obviously a bad product, made with bad parts. What should I do?? HELP ME!!!")

3. methodshop thread starter macrumors newbie

we get tons of these weird "ipod help questions".

here's another person who tossed their iPod in the washing machine.

"Hi, My son's iPod barely survived a run through the washer. After drying, it continued to work for a few days, although some songs weren't accessible. Finally, however, the screen began to display the folder alert and now does nothing else. Can you tell from this description about how much a repair would cost? The model is 10gb without the play buttons across the top. Thanks!" ~ frichmond

4. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I did report this as spam, just to let ya know.

The stories are somewhat amusing.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Yes, seems this poster clearly cannot help but advertise for his business with nearly every post.

However, if he's willing so submit some stories about people dropping their toilet/washing machine on their iPod -- I might tune in.

6. methodshop thread starter macrumors newbie

we're no microsoft. this is just a webpage with free ipod tech support. who gets the better deal? the guy with the toilet water or washing machine suds dripping from their ipod, or us?

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

methodshop: I'll let this thread stay, here in Community Discussion, because people will enjoy the entertaining tech support stories.

Doctor Q, Community Discussion moderator

8. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

haha. Those are funny. People are crazy with expensive gadgets.

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Thank you Doctor Q. I agree the stories are very funny. There again we are all lucky that it hasn't happen to us.

10. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

When he get's his iPod fixed, he should also custom engrave the back, "iPoop."

11. methodshop thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow! :eek: I will suggest that to him and add it to the comments on our tech support page.

12. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    okay that kinda amusing
    still i dont see what people are doing witht heir ipods so close to water!!!

13. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

FightTheFuture

maybe its a good time for griffin or dr.bott to produce an icrapper accessory?

14. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

But the iCrapper is such old news, even if it does come with a Flash Demo.

15. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

FightTheFuture

i stand corrected. now i'm wondering where i can get one in aluminum.

16. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

iPod, now available in enamel white to match all your other hardware. :D I guess the big question is, could you actually use it after it gets fixed, knowing where its been? Reminds me of the Seinfeld where his belt buckle touches the urinal. :)

17. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Well when you ship it Apple to get it fixed they just ship you a different one and use yours for parts. Not sure what they do about engraved ones.

18. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

"Pray to the Porcelain Pod."

:)

19. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

methodshop, glad to hear it wasn't your iPod. i was worrying that i wouldn't be able to laugh and make fun about it. but since it's not.... LOL! :D that's good stuff!

and he went straight into the toilet to get it out. :D wow, he loves his iPod so much he's wiling to contract some disease just to try and get it working again. :D

aahhhh.. the stupid things people do. reminds me of the story of some woman putting her hand in a microwave that didn't have a door and then turning it on. :D

20. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

That means that someone else gets your toilet water! EWWWWW :( Hopefully I won't need more than a new battery for mine. :)

Strange thing was, when I pulled it out of the toilet, it worked absolutely fine. But for some strange reason, it makes a flushing sound when I turn it on or off and I feel compelled to put a lid on it after I use it to be polite to the next user. :D

21. PickledSquirrel macrumors regular

PickledSquirrel

ROFL wheeeeeeze wheeeeeeeeeze can't breathe too funny stomach cramps aaaaaargh

22. methodshop thread starter macrumors newbie

We keep getting emails from people who drop their iPods in the toilet. i guess this is a common ipod problem. it's almost an epidemic! :eek:

Here's a lame animated GIF reenactment:

[​IMG]

"Oops! I dropped my iPod in the toilet. It was in there for about a second or less. Ever since then, I've been able to play music sporadically, but it will no longer sync from the computer... Can my iPod be repaired??" ~ Marianna

23. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Does the picture have to be so.... 'graphic?'

24. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Apparently, he wants his business to be associated with the toilet and that's how I'll always remember it.

25. jimjiminyjim macrumors 6502

Ya... I think you should rework that animation on a clean toilet. If you so desperately need the animation. I closed the window pretty quick.