Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joeshell383

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
Ok every day i bring my ipod to school and when i have gym class i always change put my pants in my bag and put the bag in my locker, so anyway when i came back into the locker room and put on my pants the ipod was miss, and so where alot of other kids stuff and cash, so anyway i will and have done everything so far in my power to get it back, but i still dont have it . this ipod meant the world to me and my whole life is on that ipod, and i need it back. What else should i do , so far only things ive done was file a police report inform the school and tell all my friends to keep an eye open.

this ipod was a 4th generation ipod so it is infact pretty old and it is white,
thank you so much to anyone who rights in suggestions if i find my ipod u are my new best friends ever.
mikey

I wouldn't even worry about it, it's gone. However, in the future there are a few things I would consider doing differently (besides being more careful, of course).

1) Backup all music and data.
2) Use a service like StuffBak or TrackItBack. These services are great because they are very inexpensive to set up. Visit their websites for more info on how they work. Stuffbak.com Trackitback.com
3) Consider engraving, which is free from Apple. The downside is it significantly lowers the iPod's resale value and deems it unreturnable, but that also works to your advantage because it is less likely to be stolen in the first place, and if it is stolen it makes it slightly more possible to track it, and is certainly much more easy to identify and prove ownership.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
Call me mean, but I think this is hilarious. You put a $300+ item unlocked and unsupervised, and now you're complaining that it was stolen. Hopefully you now know to get a combination lock for your belongings in school.

theLimit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2007
up tha holler, acrost tha crick
Digging up two year old threads is fun! If the kid didn't get his iPod back by now, he never will. I sure hope he started saving his nickels when it was stolen two years ago and bought a new one by now.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
Gym lockers probably do not allow locks, because they are used by so many people.

My middle school and high school do.. And if not a gym locker, then a regular locker.. If not that, don't bring it to school.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.