My iPod is screwed...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Alucard™, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Alucard™ macrumors newbie

Okay, so here I was, going to update my iPod. I plugged it in, opened up iTunes and waited a couple of seconds for the computer to detect the iPod. Usually my iMac will just detect it after a few seconds and update it real fast. Well, the computer never detected my iPod, so I thought I would just unplug it and then plug it back in - mistake. My iPod just stayed at the "Do Not Disconnect" screen. I can't get it off the "Do Not Disconnect" screen. I tried to turn it off, but it wont. Can someone tell me how to fix it?!

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

restart your iPod.

hold the select and menu keys simultaneously till it reboots. won't take more than 10 seconds. but you have to hit them at the same time. a bit tricky imo.

3. Alucard™ thread starter macrumors newbie

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

next question. what kind of iPod is it?

i've had it lock up at the Do Not Disconnect screen and usually a restart like that works for me

5. Alucard™ thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Alucard™ thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahem... sorry, I searched google... all I needed to was hold down the 'Menu' and 'Select' buttons, instead of the 'Play/Pause' button.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

thats what i said in my first post. ;)

8. Alucard™ thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, crap... I was reading too fast and mistaked the 'Select' button for the 'Play/Pause' button. Well then... Arigatou Gozaimashita.

9. riel505 macrumors member

riel505

cool - tnx

wow. thanks for your post -- haha, was panicking there for a while, it's been stuck to 'do not disconnect' for about four hours. 'use my ipod for recording and i have a big interview to do tomorrow! thanks!