My iPod PC--> MAC

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sammyman, May 4, 2005.

1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

I have an iPod Photo and it is sweet! I asked me to format the hard drive and I did, but for a PC. Now that I am getting a mac, how can I get my songs from my pc to my mac?

2. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

It's a pain. Here's a way that will work, but I'm not sure if it's the quickest way. First you have to copy all the songs off of the P.C. and onto a DVD. Then import them to the iTunes library on your Mac. Then to fix your iPod. Open up the iPod updater on your Mac and clikc restore. This should erase it, and then when you open up iTunes it's jsut like having a new iPod. Upload your songs, and then it will be good as new.

3. sammyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

I thought it would be something like that. Kind of a pain, huh?

4. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Yeah, but you only have to do it once, and it's not like it's hard. There's a lot of downtime, so you really don't have to be in front of the computer, unless you want to of course. ;)

5. sammyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

What about creating a network to transfer files? Would that be hard?

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Sync your Windows PC with your iPod, then use an iPod ripper (look on VersionTracker) to pull the songs back off the iPod and onto your Mac. I've never done this (I don't have an iPod) but I've heard that it's easy to do. I think one of the apps is called PodRip.

7. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

edesignuk made this thread explaining how to amke a network between a Mac and PC.