My iPod proposal.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sandmann41, Oct 10, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

Last weekend I was in Pittsburgh for my friend's wedding. My girlfriend and I decided to stay in a bed and breakfast Saturday night.
    Sunday morning while we were taking a walk through the garden at the B&B I told Beth I had something for her and handed her an iPod Nano.
    When she turned it on this is what she saw.

[​IMG]

She looked at me and with a confused look on her faced and said with a sad voice "Are you joking with me?" She later told me she was briefly worried that I was messing with her because the night before I had let the garter hit me in the chest without catching it.

I then opened the ring box and said I was serious. She got a huge smile on her face and yelled yes.
    Here is a pic of the ring.

[​IMG]

This is the where we stayed.
    here are some pics I took while at the B&B

We are planning on having the wedding in July of 2007.
    Most likely we will be having it here.
    Here are some pics I took while we were checking it out this weekend.

The song on the iPod that I had renamed was "Waste" by Phish.

2. macrumors 6502a

bursty

3. macrumors 604

scem0

Y'all are frikin' adorable :eek:.

I'm super jealous, I want to get married someday. I can't think of a better way to get proposed to. :)

_Emerson

4. macrumors 604

clayj

5. dcv
    macrumors G3

6. macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Absolutely delightful ... the proposal idea, pictures and upcoming wedding plans. Best of luck to both of you.

7. macrumors 65816

iAlan

Congratulations

Well done! I guess you now need to book one of the Apple Store theaters for the ceremony?

8. EGT
    macrumors 68000

EGT

9. macrumors 601

liketom

very slick .. Congrats

i hope you and your nano, i mean your new wife have a lovely wedding

10. mpw

Congratulations etc.

Music and weddings; When ever I hear stories of weddings connected to particular pop/rock songs I always think of a friends wedding we went to a few years ago.

The best man had been put in charge of the music for the church and it had been decided that when the bride and groom went off to sign registers etc. the church would be filled with Elvis singing ‘Love Me Tender’.

The best man is a friend and I could see he was getting really nervous as the photographer was messing about with different poses etc. and I realised why a moment later when Elvis finished it became apparent that he’d used an old mix tape for the Elvis song (which he’d put on twice in an effort to be prepared).

Anyway after the tender love song from Elvis the tape the Church was filled with the Clash and ‘I Shot The Sheriff’. :D

11. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

It actually sounds like she wasn't happy with the way the proposal came (ie: on an iPod Nano). :eek: My friend told me that some proposals just don't work with some girls. For example, some girls would love it if their boyfriend proposes at a hockey game/sporting event, but some would hate the idea.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. She said "yes," which is the most important part. So congratulations. :)

But you better treat her like gold. You've given her a lot of time to change her mind. :p

12. thread starter macrumors regular

Oh no, I should have clarified, she only thought I was joking with her because at the wedding we were at I had let the garter hit me in the chest and didn't catch it.
    She actually loved the way I proposed as well as all of her friends and family.
    She was really happy to have recieved a Nano too. :)

And that you for all the kind words.

13. macrumors regular

14. macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Congrats and this is a freaking awesome idea...now thats what an iPod is for...

15. mpw

I wonder if this idea will take off?
    Of course it’d be hard to find the write track for every occasion.
    ***goes looking for a track title along the lines of “I know about you and Bob. It’s over, get out your stuff is ‘packed’ and on the lawn out front you cheating bitch!”***
    What about podcasts for the desperate?

16. macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

ROFL!

17. macrumors 68020

howard

first of all, congrats, that is awesome!

maybe the ipod will replace the ring entirely, we will all eventually buy "promise pods". We'll have to carry them around with us wherever we go to show our attachment. It would be cheaper than a ring! ...well.... maybe not if we had to buy updates every other year!

18. macrumors 68000

Deepdale

There's an audience -- however limited -- for everything.

I'm feeling lyrical this morning ... for those who've been betrayed.

You said you'd be true, never make me blue
    Then I come home to see you with someone new
    Now there is no way that you'll hear, "I do"
    But what I will say is, “Screw you”

Both our futures should turn out bright
    As we find our true Mr. & Ms. Right
    There’s no point in another fight
    Just turn around and get out of my sight

19. macrumors 65816

m-dogg

very nice - congrats!

I think I heard of someone doing that before, but it was pre color ipod. The ring pic as album art makes it much better!

20. macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

certainly was a different way to do it- glad it all worked out for the two of you. congrats!!

i think i'm going to go with skywriting when it comes time for me to propose ;) :p :D

21. macrumors regular

lem0n

awww... how sweet... I want an iPod nano too [or whatever else that is coming tomorrow]... So how should I get an iPod nano without having to married someone ;) ... Anyway, congrads, July is a good month, you'll have plenty of time to prepare for the wedding...

*aside: I've always wanted to become a wedding dress designer... :rolleyes:

22. macrumors 604

clayj

One thing we should ALL learn from this thread is that a black nano REALLY shows scratches and fingerprints... I mean, look at that picture again! Yeesh. ;)