My ipod touch 2g will not detect any wireless networks anywhere , im open for advice!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by teamstation32, Feb 23, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Feb 23, 2010
    I have a ipod touch 2g , i have reset everything , restored it , wiped it, cleaned it , kissed it , loved it and still nothing....... it will not detect any wireless networks anywhere , not at home or coffee shop or anything. there wifi icon next to ipod is not there, under settings > general > about > the wifi and bluetooth addresses are in there but it will not pick up a wireless network for nothing. can someone please help , ive tried everything the apple site recomends and still nothing. everything else works fine , its hasnt been dropped or gotten wet or anything like that. it works perfect except i cant get it to detect a wireless network. im missing something here can someone please help !!!!!!:mad:

i have the router broadcasting in g only , i tried mixed and still nothing but i read somewhere on here that g only works better , 16gig 2nd generation ipod touch , out of waranty. trying everything i can before i have to send it in and pay through the nose. any more suggestions would be gladly accepted. i will set router back to mixed and see what happens.
  2. macrumors regular

Feb 10, 2010
    Maby the wireless networks hat you are trying to connect to are not on wireless B or wireless G. If they are set to something like wireless N then they will not work on the iPod. Only the 3rd gen iPod touch has wireless g though I beleve. What generation of iPod touch or iPhone do you have?
  3. macrumors regular

Mar 21, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    The 1g and 2g has G. Not just the 3g.