My iPod video is STUCK!!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jsado13, Feb 20, 2007.

1. jsado13 macrumors newbie

I have an iPod video that I got for Christmas. Today, it was playing a song then skipped to the next song by itself. It went to the next song, played it for a while, then skipped to the next song again! Now, it is frozen on the last song it was playing. It won't respond. I can't reboot it. I tried connecting it to my computer and my computer wont even recognize it. What should I do???

2. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

i had this problem on my old 3rd gen ipod. i had to wait for the battery to die before i could do anything with it. Id wait for it to die and then charge it back up and see if it does the same thing. Make sure it's up to date.

I ended up sending mine to apple who sent me a replacement. There and back, 2 days. Kinda fast if you ask me. Good luck!

3. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

Hold down the menu and select buttons. This will reset the iPod. Then hook it up to your computer and use the restore function to blow the software. Then sync your music back up.

If it's a software problem, this will fix it. If it's hardware, you're screwed and have to call Apple to get a replacement.