My iPod won't synch with my Mac, saying it's been disabled for using too much power?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by FinalxxDistance, Jan 5, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 20, 2009
    Anyone know how to fix this or what might be causing it? Whenever I connect my iPod (I have a 6th generation Classic) I get this message:

I have no idea what might be causing it or how to fix it, can anyone help? :(
  2. macrumors 68000

May 10, 2005
    Shropshire, UK
    Are you connected to a USB hub? I so, the overall load of all the devices you've got plugged into the hub may be too much for your Mac/PC to supply. Solution is to plug the iPod straight into the computer, or if that's not possible, remove/turn off something else sharing the hub.

Otherwise, have you tried another USB port?
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 20, 2009
    I'm using the USB cable that came with my iPod to connect it to my computer, I don't have any other USB devices connected to my computer though so I don't know what else to do. I have a MacBook Pro so it only has 2 USB ports, I've used both and it won't work with either.
  4. macrumors 68040

Aug 9, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Either your computer or your iPod is defective. Debug if further by trying the iPod in a different computer... and see if you can borrow a different iPod (same type) to try in your computer.