Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asteroid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
Hi, I'm completely new to itunes, so apologies if this is a slightly dumb question.

Unfortunately for me a clean install was made to my mac, so inturn the songs in my itunes have all gone. Is there a way I can copy the songs from my ipod back into itunes? I'm not looking forward to importing all of my cd's again.

I'm expecting it's just tough luck.

Thanks in advance.

xyouxfailmiex

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2005
asteroid said:
Hi, I'm completely new to itunes, so apologies if this is a slightly dumb question.

Unfortunately for me a clean install was made to my mac, so inturn the songs in my itunes have all gone. Is there a way I can copy the songs from my ipod back into itunes? I'm not looking forward to importing all of my cd's again.

I'm expecting it's just tough luck.

Thanks in advance.
that SUUUUUUUCKS....

i think there is a way actually

i just dont know how....but someone here will just wanted to give you some early hope

Waiting,waiting

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2005
Reading UK
Problem solved

hi there,

I used this programme, Ipod music liberator founr at http://www.zeleksoftware.com (fantastic)

but you could try...

make sure there is no copy of itunes set to overwrite the music already on the ipod!... Attach the ipod to another computer, networked to your "clean" computer and make the ipod, appearing as a hard drive, into a networked device, then simply use either itunes (not sure if it works) or some other ware to simply copy everything back into itunes. This solution sounds complicated but it would be interesting to know the level of compatibility limitation, and protective software implimented by apple to stop this!

hope it helped.

MmmPancakes

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2005
Austin, TX
iPodRip works well. just Google it. I've used the trial version several times move songs off my iPod onto my factory restored computer.

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
As mentioned, try google or search for this on the forums. I think this had been brought up before at least 10 or more times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.