My iTunes won't open :(

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sparklemotion, Oct 21, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 21, 2008
    I'm not sure if this has been posted. I haven't been able to use the program for a few days now. I'm running it on a Mac Book Pro 10.5.5. When I click on the icon in the dock, it lights up and the title bar appears, but iTunes never opens. When I right click on the icon, it says "Not Responding". I'm so sad. Does anyone know how to solve this?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Jan 15, 2008
    United States
    try going to and re-downloading/installing it.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 21, 2008
    Yes, I tried deleting iTunes, then downloading again. Still giving me the same guff. :(
  4. macrumors 6502a

May 3, 2008
    is interesting like I see problems like that on macbooks, macbook pros and imac, but never on macpros!! for that reason I dont want change to my macpro to macbook pro!

so interesting to me.
  5. macrumors 601

Jul 31, 2008
    Northern VA
    try the CTRL+ALT+DEL version for Mac? and then end the iTunes process? wait..I have OS-X go into the Apple menu, End Processes right?
  6. macrumors member

Apr 15, 2007
    This just happened to me too, actually (posted a thread under mac apps, never got a reply I don't think).

Anyway, I had to completely reinstall OS X to finally fix the problem. Spent about an hour on the phone with Apple Care with no luck.

Nothing that I know of could have triggered the problem, iTunes just would not open. Clean reinstall of the program didn't work either.