My iTunes won't open :(

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by sparklemotion, Oct 21, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if this has been posted. I haven't been able to use the program for a few days now. I'm running it on a Mac Book Pro 10.5.5. When I click on the icon in the dock, it lights up and the title bar appears, but iTunes never opens. When I right click on the icon, it says "Not Responding". I'm so sad. Does anyone know how to solve this?

2. macrumors 6502a

try going to apple.com/itunes and re-downloading/installing it.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I tried deleting iTunes, then downloading again. Still giving me the same guff. :(

4. macrumors 6502a

is interesting like I see problems like that on macbooks, macbook pros and imac, but never on macpros!! for that reason I dont want change to my macpro to macbook pro!

so interesting to me.

5. macrumors 601

fireshot91

try the CTRL+ALT+DEL version for Mac? and then end the iTunes process? wait..I have OS-X go into the Apple menu, End Processes right?

6. macrumors member

This just happened to me too, actually (posted a thread under mac apps, never got a reply I don't think).

Anyway, I had to completely reinstall OS X to finally fix the problem. Spent about an hour on the phone with Apple Care with no luck.

Nothing that I know of could have triggered the problem, iTunes just would not open. Clean reinstall of the program didn't work either.