My iTunes won't start...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ipodme, Jan 29, 2006.

1. ipodme macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2006
    Hey guys. Well, this isn't my first iPod, I previously owned a mini, but now I have a nano. I had to erase everything on my laptop because I had a small virus which my Norton Security did not warn me about :mad: I re-installed the iTunes with the CD that comes with the nano, but when I try to start iTunes, there's the familiar pop up that I have to agree to their terms and such, but it goes away before I can click "I agree". And it only pops up for a second then goes away. So I can't even start using my iPod unless I figure out what is making the terms pop up disappear before I can activate iTunes.
  2. mannix87 macrumors 6502

Nov 16, 2005
    in the southeast
    that's a vicious virus you got there and it's still probably there (or you got reinfected). i had the same problem w/ my PC about a year ago, cant remember tha name of the virus/malware; but it prevents new programs from being installed especially anti-virus/spyware software. it was doing the exact same thing that you just described. I suggest you reformat your computer and start clean.
  3. ipodme thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2006

Hm, but my anti-virus program works fine. So do my other programs. Just out of the blue, the iTunes won't work. think I should just call a computer guy? Ugh, 50 bucks for not knowing what's wrong with my iTunes...great.

Thanks for your advice though~ I'm going to check it to see if there are any more viruses on my laptop.