My iTunes won't start...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ipodme, Jan 29, 2006.

1. ipodme macrumors newbie

Hey guys. Well, this isn't my first iPod, I previously owned a mini, but now I have a nano. I had to erase everything on my laptop because I had a small virus which my Norton Security did not warn me about :mad: I re-installed the iTunes with the CD that comes with the nano, but when I try to start iTunes, there's the familiar pop up that I have to agree to their terms and such, but it goes away before I can click "I agree". And it only pops up for a second then goes away. So I can't even start using my iPod unless I figure out what is making the terms pop up disappear before I can activate iTunes.

2. mannix87 macrumors 6502

that's a vicious virus you got there and it's still probably there (or you got reinfected). i had the same problem w/ my PC about a year ago, cant remember tha name of the virus/malware; but it prevents new programs from being installed especially anti-virus/spyware software. it was doing the exact same thing that you just described. I suggest you reformat your computer and start clean.

3. ipodme thread starter macrumors newbie

Hm, but my anti-virus program works fine. So do my other programs. Just out of the blue, the iTunes won't work. Sigh...you think I should just call a computer guy? Ugh, 50 bucks for not knowing what's wrong with my iTunes...great.

Thanks for your advice though~ I'm going to check it to see if there are any more viruses on my laptop.