My Keyboard is on Crack.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mr. Durden, May 2, 2005.

1. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

I've never seen anything like this before. My keyboard is working just fine one moment, then the next is just totally freaks out. For example; when I press the "period" button, what I get on the screen is "/,." (slash, comma, period). Most of the keys I press do something similar to this, while some dont work at all.

I've repaired permissions and restarted a couple of times, and unplugged/plugged in the keyboard, and it still happens. Any thoughts? This happen to anyone else?

2. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

go check your keyboard layout, it needs to be QWERTY

3. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

Are your "International" settings changing on you? Is the input menu remaining U.S.?

4. emw macrumors G4

emw

Sounds more mechanical than systemic - could you have spilled something on the keyboard, or is it older? The fact that all three characters are right next to each other on the keyboard sounds like the keyboard thinks they're being pressed at the same time.

5. Mr. Durden thread starter macrumors 6502a

keyboard layout is correct, and its still set up as US for the "international" setting...

I dont hink anything has been spilt on the keyboard, but I guess its possible. It shouldnt be too old, its a dual 2.0 G5 and no more than just over a year old... I'll take another keyboard and hook it up and see if that helps.

Any other ideas?

6. emw macrumors G4

emw

Are you still wearing the tiger suit you rented for Friday's release party? It's a bitch to type with those clumsy gloves on.

7. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

If it's on crack, have an intervention. I had to do it with mine on several occasions. :D

8. Mr. Durden thread starter macrumors 6502a

Holy hell! How did you know that was me?

I switched out the keyboard with one from an iMac and it works fine. Must be something wrong with the keyboard, then. sigh. :(