My keyboard just stopped working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bart rijksen, May 22, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

What the!
    I was just playing BF2142, as both my keyboards stopped working. The apple wireless, and the built in, but the mouse still worked. It worked again, after about a minute!!! I have all the updates, and it is just a week old.

2. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

Wireless keyboard? The battery might have been bumped, or be running low (but not low enough for a low power warning from Mac OS X). Wait, you say the built-in keyboard stopped working too? Then, I suspect that the part of Mac OS X that deals with keyboard input stopped responding for a minute... though I have no idea what could have caused that to happen.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

full battery just week old. also mbp built in keyboard. Just had it happen again.

4. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

Okay, so it's definitely not the battery. Do you have some other application installed that deals with keyboard input - say, a keyboard macro program? If you do, you may have a clash between your game and that program. Fortunately, most keyboard modifier programs can be disabled temporarily.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

The only thing i have done, is use monolingual, to delete some keyboard input's, but i kept english, and all my apps are in english.