my laptop wont boot. NEED HELP FAST

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by couch potato, Sep 12, 2003.

1. couch potato macrumors regular

Jan 20, 2003
    well, my 12"laptop wont boot, or so says my father. he tried to boot it up today, and it wouldnt get past the little loading circle thingy in OSX. so he took it to a stupid independent computer store(the only apple store around here), and they couldnt fix it either.

so he tried the disk repair a few times, and it didnt do anything. so he accidentally told OSX Disc to install. now he doesnt want to stop the installation, because he fears it wont start up again. does anyone know what could be wrong? im leaving in a few hours for europe, and I NEED THAT LAPTOP:eek: :(
  2. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    chill out dude, you probably jsut screwed up the system. did you ahve anything important on it. if not just boot from the cd, format the hard drive, then reinstall os x. simple as that. your computer is not broken, system just got messed up.

3. alset macrumors 65816

Nov 9, 2002
    East Bay, CA
    Can it boot in Single User mode? (Hold down command-s at boot)

4. couch potato thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 20, 2003
    ok the installation stopped, and it said there was an error. now whenever i try to start up my computer, the screen goes grey and it says i need to restart. this is pissing me off, and its the third computer i have had that has problems like this:( what the f**k:(
  5. couch potato thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 20, 2003
    ok i held down the applekey S thing, and it brought up this black screen.....looks like unix. then the same old message appeared that i need to restart.

oh, and the powercord light is never green. hmm. it seems as though apple has dont it again....

this the second time of the same model, plus my iMac. and the losers at this independent apple store said they had no idea. so now i gotta send it in to apple....and this isnt my first time doing that either:mad::(