My last video with premier ever (hopefully!!) [rallycross content]

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by hal0n, Oct 4, 2005.

1. hal0n macrumors regular

I finally picked up a copy of the final cut studio. So, this should be the last video i will ever edit with Adobe Premier. I have been using it for almost 3 years now, and am really enjoying what I see from FCP (except zooming in and out of the timeline, i miss the apple+ and apple-... but I'm sure there are other shortcut keys for fcp)

So, aside from my occasional video production I am very much into auto racing in all it's forms. That should show in the video. I did all of the camera work (no one else to blaim) and I own the audi featured in the video. I had just had surgery on my wrist the week before and even holding the camera was a challenge. So I let my friend drive my car, as it was already registered for the race. His brother is in the second car (mazda protege) featured in the video. Against all odds both of our teams cars took home trophies. The video is a short montage of the day.

http://happytiger.net/kevin/rallyx_low_res.mov ~20megs

2. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    I was wondering how long it would be before I saw a WRX in the video... I'm getting really sick of those things... well except mine. I gotta go to more rallycrosses... but first I gotta get a helmet... and a different car. Where do you guys compete that you enter cars and not the driver?

3. hal0n thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I registered as the driver of the audi in that class. Shortly before the actual race I had emergency surgery on my arm (prior metal inplant in my wrist had come through the skin, barf). So as a result we changed drivers.

Interesting sidenote about the post race discussion online.. both of the wrx driver complained about the damage to their cars (scratches, dirt inside the tires, etc) as if it was the scca's fault. Durr, guys, it's rallying. It seems like some wrx drivers are a little high-strung. But, you know, I didn't pay a thing for that audi and don't care about it that much. And, I think it embarassed a few people that were racing on rally tires. There was even talk of protesting my car, or speculation that we were bypassing gates because there was "no way that car could go that fast".

Anyway, if you have the means to try it... I highly recommend rallycross.

kevin

4. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    Yeah, I took mine rallycrossing once, and it got so knocked around. I don't want my $20k car getting ruined. So I'm gonna have to save up to get some beater car that I can take out there.