My latest attempt to start a TV station... Help me out!

Discussion in 'Community' started by hotwire132002, Oct 1, 2004.

1. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

OK, still working to start a TV station. I'm wondering... what do you all think is the best (most viable) way to get on air--I'm thinking a web station. Give me your feedback! What do you think is the best way to get on air?

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

hmm didn't yyou just have a thread about this? what was wrong with that thread? I mean it seems like all of the threads you've made in the comm section could be in that one thread.

3. dotnina macrumors 6502a

4. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

:eek: My bad! I guess what I was trying to say was--can anyone think of a new method to go with... since the others didn't work.

Anyway, one of the mods can go ahead and delete this one, or move it to wasteland, or something.

Sorry! :eek:

5. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

I would suggest that you go and get some work in a commercial TV station an see whats involved. Most TV stations will have some sort of work experience program, or you could get a job as a runner or something to get your foot in the door.

6. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Trust me... I've tried... and tried... and tried... :rolleyes:

7. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Looking over all the video-related thread I posted, a lot of them would have grouped together well. I guess I didn't realize how many I posted!

I need to review that forum newbie cartoon ;)

Seriously though, I'll try and keep related topics together from now on. Sorry again!

8. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

In the UK its not very easy to get a job in TV, most of the TV stations & Post Production is based in London & everyone wants a job. When I started out, the best way was to knock on doors and try to get work as a runner. Then show willing & work for very little or even free! I started work as a runner helping install edit suites!

All i can suggest is you get your self to a major city & put your self about or if you are at a collage or university try an internship program .

9. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

OK, I decided to, instead of trying to do a widespread station, just do a closed-circuit type deal in my neighborhood. The problem is distribution (as always :rolleyes:) Can anyone give me any ideas on how to get a signal around the neighborhood?

EDIT: I'm thinking maybe a 2.4ghz wireless video transmitter type deal--but I need one that can get about 1/2 mile. Any ideas?

BTW: I posted this in this thread instead of starting a new one. Somebody praise me please! I'm over my addiction to thread-starting! :D ;)

10. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Anyone have any idea on how to pull this off? How the heck can I distribute a video signal throughout my neighborhood?