My Lombard G3 400mhz powerbook problem

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by aic, Mar 1, 2003.

1. aic macrumors newbie

Can you belive the night before i get my new FW800 1.25, my powerbook decideds to die. When i turn it on, it 'hangs' just after the progress bar of the startup servies completes. As if it crashes just before loading the finder. You can just move your cursor around on a blue background and it doesn't matter how long you leave it trying to boot, it just doesnt happen. I have tried to use the disk utility on the OSX disc but, it doesn't resove the issue.

How can i fix this problem, or if i do have to nuke the hard disc and start again, how can i get a network connection going to copy my files, music and emails, as when i try to find my powerbook computer in the finder it isnt about, only the other computers on the network.

Thankyou
    aic

2. timbloom macrumors 6502a

timbloom

3. SBG88 macrumors regular

This is why the forums are here, no? Maybe posted to the wrong forum. Otherwise, the owner should close down the help forum and redirect to Apple.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i don't think it's unreasonable for someone to do some research on their own. it's good for them.

5. SBG88 macrumors regular

Thanks, Mom.

6. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

hey son...

Turn the extensions on with the space bar pressed when initialize the Powerbook.

That is an extension problem, I have 2 Pismos and that sometimes happend.

Are you runing under 9 or X? I'm using 9, I do not know a sh** about X.

The other very nice solution is to find a firewire cable and:
    1. Connect you PB to your PM thrue the firewire cable.

2. Start up you PB p[resing the "T" key. Now you have to see the firewire logo on the screen.

3. If the PM was on you will se the PB hard drive on the desktop of the PM. If not, turn it up in the as usual.

That way you can use the computer started with the "T" pressed as an external hard drive and you can even run Northon to check that disc, you can even use the ram of that computer!

4. After you fixed everything, drop the PB hard drive icon to the trash and press the PB start up botton to turn it of.

5. Then, start up the PB in the regural way to see if it works fine now.

If not, and you are on X, go to the Apple knowledgebase :D

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

you have a future in comedy.