My Mac and Xbox (NEED HELP)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by AppleMasterFlex, Oct 15, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2008
    Ok, so i want to connect my xbox 360 using a ethernet cable and am wondering if my case will work

Heres the case I have a main computer upstairs that has the main modem and also has a router. My xbox 360 is downstairs and so is the mac which is connected wirelessly to my upstairs router. Im wondering if i plug in the ethernet cable to xbox 360 and run it to the ethernet port in the mac will my xbox 360 live work.

If you guys can help on letting me know if this is right and i heard you have to set the connection on your mac to something different for it to work...
  2. macrumors 6502a

Sep 13, 2007
    I don't think so, you'll need to either get the expensive wifi adaptor for the 360 or run some ethernet cable from your 360 to your router.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2008
    What if i buy a router like a linksys and plug that into the mac then run the xbox ethernet to the router's ethernet port that is connected to the mac.

or does only appleairport extreme routers work with macs.
  4. macrumors member

May 2, 2008
    See here:

Used to work for me...
  5. macrumors 6502

Jun 3, 2008
  6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2008
  7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2008
    And with that belkin gaming adapter all you have to do is plug it into the xbox and connect it wirelessly to the router right?
  8. macrumors 601

Jun 16, 2007
    Internet Sharing between Mac and Xbox

I don't know why people who can find links to helpful sites can't also quote them too. Saves a lot of hassle later, should the article be removed.

9. macrumors 6502

Jun 3, 2008
    I needed to hook it up to a computer that was connected to my network to configure it first.

Ack and that software I believe was Windows only as I recall. Forgot about that part. The new one Belkin lists says it doesnt need configuration so mayeb that is why that one is so much more expensive.