My Mac peeve: Key board shortcut.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DeSnousa, Feb 7, 2007.

1. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Okay, a very small announce some times, who thought the apple + W and apple +Q shortcuts up (I know it stands for window and quit). They are my most used shortcuts and I sometimes press apple + Q instead of W and as I'm sure a lot of people have done is a peeve.

Ahh well :cool:

2. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

I've done it before, but very rarely. It only happens though when I'm typing in the dark. :p Kinda like how cut, copy, paste keys are all next to each other (x, c, v) You go to paste something and you end up copying it, dammit.

3. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

I am sure this has happened to most people occasionally. If it happens to you frequently you either need to improve your typing or start looking at the keyboard. Since you will be asked if you want to Save before a program Quits (and you can Cancel) this is not really disastrous. I guess that is what makes it a peeve.

4. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Not in Safari with multiple tabs open, and not in Adium with chat windows open. It can be annoying in both of those. For Safari I recommend SafariStand. For Adium... well, I don't think there is a good solution.

5. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

I actually do this relatively frequently (maybe once a month) with safari and I end up closing all my open windows and tabs during research or something and it really pisses me off! Well, I don't use Safari anymore so it's not an issue, but that was definitely a huge pet peeve of mine. Part of the problem is definitely the crappy iBook keyboard and the fact that my desk is way to high.