Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tim098

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2013
Hi all, I have a 2013 MBA and I'm running the latest build of OSX ML which if I remember correctly, includes the fix for intermittent loss of wireless signal.

My problem is slightly different from the highly publicised one. I have 2 networks at home, one in my room and one in the living room. Both networks I use very often and both are marked as 'Remember' or whatever that option is.

Sometimes however, I am asked for my network password to connect. I don't understand why because it is already set to 'connect automatically' and normally I am not asked to enter the password. The weirdest thing is this happens COMPLETELY at random. I've quite extensively tried to reproduce the problem and I can't. And I tried all kinds of wacky ways.

Anyone else experiencing this?

TL;DR - My Mac randomly asks me for my WIFI password sometimes when I try to connect, even though it shouldn't. What should I do!

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
Hi all, I have a 2013 MBA and I'm running the latest build of OSX ML which if I remember correctly, includes the fix for intermittent loss of wireless signal.

My problem is slightly different from the highly publicised one. I have 2 networks at home, one in my room and one in the living room. Both networks I use very often and both are marked as 'Remember' or whatever that option is.

Sometimes however, I am asked for my network password to connect. I don't understand why because it is already set to 'connect automatically' and normally I am not asked to enter the password. The weirdest thing is this happens COMPLETELY at random. I've quite extensively tried to reproduce the problem and I can't. And I tried all kinds of wacky ways.

Anyone else experiencing this?

TL;DR - My Mac randomly asks me for my WIFI password sometimes when I try to connect, even though it shouldn't. What should I do!
Give a call to AppleCare and they will help you out. A friend had a similar problem and the AppleCare tech ran her through a few fixes and it now works perfectly.

Tim098

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2013
@Ronnoco Thanks, I thought there might have been a quick fix for it here.

I'll post an update once I've given AppleCare a call

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.