My Mac Switch

Discussion in 'Community' started by DeSnousa, Mar 18, 2005.

1. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

I thought i would share my story about how i switched. I heard so much about the iPod and wanted it really badly, i found out a while after that i needed iTunes to use the iPod which was a no no as i was using windows 98. My computer was a huck of s***.

I went down to an apple reseller where i saw all the mac computers. The minute i went on one i was instantly drawn. I did research on mac for a year, including on this site (great site btw).

The time had come to buy a mac, all my friends said i was crazy for going to buy a mac (what annoy's me most is they no nothing about macs what so ever) i wanted a destop but my budget did not strech (i did not what the eMac as i required room on my desk for school work) so i got the iBook thinking it would be great to surf the net around the house and pack it up to free my desk. Apart from that i had no need for portabilty.

Thats what i thought any way, i began tacking it to school which made preperation for assement a life saver. My friends are jelous but still come up with stuff to bag macs like "makes can't connect to anything". So i connected the mac to the sever and began surfing the net. Told them off good.

Im the only one at my school who uses a mac, but ive made plenty of people think twice about buying one.

Crap im need to stop talking, the fact is i love macs now, there easy and you spend more time being productive. Ive recently gotton into iLife and have no regrets looking back.

btw i finally bought that iPod.

;) :cool:

2. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

Congratulations! :D

Glad you're enjoying your new computer!

Edit: Stick around macrumors btw. You learn so much here, its really unbelievable. Lots of friendly people.

3. ldburroughs macrumors 6502

Hopefully, you've made people think twice about "not" buying one:) Congratulations on your new purchase. You made a great decision in the end. It's hard to beat the iBook for the price.

4. Davito macrumors member

5. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Good advice. The amount of knowledgeable regulars here is insane... Unfortunately, there's a fair share of posters who are only looking to attack people for asking typical questions that most of us had when we first switched, or heaven forbid you post something without doing an adequate search... Don't let them get you down- have thick skin, and ask away- it's how we've all learned...

6. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

And welcome to the family... the people here are very cool, helpful and don't bite much as long as you don't ask how to get a avatar.

7. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

thats a funny story, i like it. i have convinced a few people my self to go apple. my cousin used to have a SUPER Unreliable windows machine and he would always notice how i never complained about my mac breaking down or anything like that, so he would always come over and i would let him use it so he could supposedly do home work, but it was fine with me. eventually he sold his windows machine to some one who didn't know a thing about computers and got a powerbook and has been a mac fan since. he has gotten the ipod and ipod shuffle and an ibook which he is desperately trying to sell cause its a G3. :D