My Mac will not read any DVD I burn on it

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by aanderson, Nov 15, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

Nov 15, 2004
    I've tried just about everything I can think of and can not get this G4 667 I have to read any of the dvds I've burned on it . I can burn data, you name it any format and I can take it to another mac and it'll work fine but when I pop it back in mine it doesn't read it. The machine just ejects it without even mounting it. Does anybody have any clue to what the problem might be? I checked the regions the firmware and I just don't know. Should I just buy another machine or can somebody help me fix this one? I would be greatful for any feedback. Thanks

Double A
  2. macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    My Mac will not read any DVD I burn on it

Yes, you need a G5 Dual 2.5. Go and order it today. Tell your spouse it's the only solution to the problem. :)

Seriously -- we need more info
    What software are you using to burn the DVD's -- DiskBurner or Toast or ?
    What drive do you have, Apple Superdrive or an aftermarket DVD- or +RW?
    Are your blanks DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R or DVD+RW?
    Does your G4 drive read commerical DVDs or other DVD-Rs that have been recorded elsewhere?

3. macrumors newbie

Apr 12, 2005
    i have the same problem

i have a 1,8 dual g5 and i burned the dvd with toast 6.0.9
    and it burn and mount and it work but 1 day after i can't read

4. macrumors 65816

Apr 13, 2004
    New York
    Don't know if this will help, but try repairing permissions.
  5. macrumors 68040

Jan 14, 2002
    hey, this might seem futile, but change dvd/cd brands. My brother was having big problems burning anything with memorex discs. So go out and buy a different brand. Verbatim works for me. Also make sure the DVD write speed is compatible with the burner, i.e. 4x dvds have trouble on 2x burners.