my mac wony load os 9.2.2 please help

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by woodsy51, Dec 9, 2002.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 9, 2002
    hello everyone

haveing just got my first mac im a bit new to all this so please be patient if i sound like a compleate novice, this is my problem when i got my mac it was second hand and the hard drive was full of junk so i wanted to make a fresh start so i got the os 9.2.2 disks from my bro's mac g4 and loaded them on to mine over the top of my copy of 9 the installation went fine but when i now reset the computer as it asks after the installation it stops half way through loading the os ?????? there are 4 icons at the bottom of the page the last one is like a speeding monitor with a cross over it ?? now the computer does not seem to crash it just halts ?? any ideas ?? the computer is a beige power mac g3 266 with 128 meg of ram a pci voodoo 3 3000 graphics card ( is this the problem ??) a scsi sony cd rom drive ( not the orignal ) there are 2 hard drives one 4 gig scsi witch the os is installed on and one 6 gig pci one the system also has a a ide zip drive and the monitor is the same one as i use for my pc a hansol 710 a , so with all this info can anyone please please help me

many thanks

chris woods ( pc nerd lost in a world of mac's )