My MacBook Air Review

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by super tomtendo, Nov 4, 2010.

1. super tomtendo, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010

macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Aug 29, 2009
    MacBook Air 11.6 Review

1.4 GHz Core 2 Duo
    4GB of RAM
    64GB SSD Flash

Tuesday, November 2nd I received my MacBook Air. I bought this coming from a MacBook Pro (’07) 2.2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM, and 120 GB HDD, not a bad computer by any means, but before you read this review keep this in mind.

THE BOX:
    When I opened up the regular shipment box and then saw the MacBook Air box it reminded me of my iPad. This has the same exact packaging as the iPad - Simple and beautiful. We all know that Apple packages their products very well and a masterpiece of its own especially comparing it to PC packaging. Apple clearly goes out of their way to impress you with the box and it shows.

Of course, we all know how good looking this generation of the MacBook Air is from the videos and pictures we have seen online. I knew what it was going to look like beforehand because I went and looked at it in store. However, that being said, I still was in awe when I opened it up having it be my own. There was just something about this that when I opened up the box, it was like christmas as a child. The computer is extremely thin and crazy light weight. (My buddy has the White MacBook and it immediately made his look like a tank and out of date.)

This computer is a design masterpiece. Way to go Apple!

Again, coming from my 2007 MacBook Pro 15”, this display blows it away. The clarity on this 11.6 display is superb!

I have the 1.4 GHz and 4GB RAM specs and I haven’t noticed any type of hesitation in performance - Applications open up instantly(flash storage helps). I booted it up today after waking up (first time I ever completely shut it off) and I was back up and running within 10 seconds. I was blown away - I laughed. This thing boots and comes back from sleep, instantly - very impressed.

The speakers on this computer actually impressed me. I was able to blast them in my living room while doing the dishes in the kitchen and hear it perfectly.

I don’t use my computer for anything that’s too processor stressing, anymore. I basically surf the internet, e-mail, watch videos, and listen to music. If I ever want to play a game, I stick to my Xbox 360. This computer fits me perfectly. This computer is right for a lot of people, but also you need to make sure of what you do on a daily basis before purchasing a MacBook Air, as they are not cheap.

This computer is fast.
    The battery is great.
    Display is superb.
    Design is a masterpiece.

I highly recommend this to people who do the same type of work I stated - light work.
  2. macrumors 6502a

Nov 7, 2008
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jan 20, 2009
    Congrats man,
    i'm going to order New MBA with same spec tommorow.
  4. macrumors 6502

Feb 15, 2009
    Awesome! Nice review.. I'm going to check them out tomorrow at the Apple store, it's gonna take a lot of will power to resist buying one I think! [​IMG]
  5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Aug 29, 2009
    Haha good luck with that! As soon as I saw it in the store, when I got back to the car I said "I'm getting me one of those" 2 days later I ordered.
  6. macrumors 68000

Aug 15, 2010
    If you really don't think you should buy one, you better not go and look at one in the store! :)
  7. JCT
    macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2004
    Tucson, AZ

No joke-- they just beg to be purchased.