My MacBook keeps on randomly sleeping.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Samarium, Jun 29, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Hello everyone. In the past month, my MacBook has started to randomly go to Sleep when im using it. When it sleeps, I have to wake it up by pressing enter a few times, and when it asks for my password, I enter it and it sleeps again while typing it. Sometimes I type it, enter my account and starts sleeping again, making me wake it up again. What can I do? Is it a OS X failure or a hardware failure?

2. macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Maybe you have done this already but...

1) Go to System Preferences

2) Click On the Security Button

3) Check Off this:
    Picture 1.png

4) Go back to System Preferences Main Menu

5) Click On the Energy Saver Button

6) Check the information
    Picture 2.png

Just fool around with the sliders and see if it has any effect. I have a MacBook Pro, but I've never had this problem. Good Luck!

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Samarium

I already did that. It haven't happened in a day or two.

4. macrumors regular

Avenger23

You haven't by chance turned on the sleep hot corners in Expose? Just a quick thought there...

Also have you tried taking it in to an Apple Store and have it looked by someone at the Genius Bar? There could be possibly something wrong with a hardware component(s) in your MacBook. I remember there was an issue with MacBook's randomly shutting down, but I don't remember anything on sleeping issues.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Samarium

I would have never thought of that...but, I just checked and my only Expose command is for the screensaver.