My MacBook Pro has a bug...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by displaced, Jul 30, 2006.

1. displaced macrumors 65816

displaced

A moth, to be precise.

I was enjoying a bit of late-night computing, windows (the glass kind, not the crashy kind) flung open to catch a bit of summer breeze. After about an hour, I was frequently attacked by all kinds of wee flying beasties which had been attracted by the laptop's LCD (damn OS X for being so *white*!).

So, I went to put the machine to sleep, flicked away what I thought was all the bugs, and shut the lid.

This morning, I opened the thing up to find moth-dust all over the screen, and a dead-but-intact giant moth stuck to the keyboard. What a way to die.

The dust came off OK, but I had to pop off the S key to retrieve a moth-leg. No harm, no foul.

My MBP has now claimed its first life. Who or what will be next? :eek:

2. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

:D

What a great way to tell the story "my macbook has claimed its first life"

love it.

3. displaced thread starter macrumors 65816

displaced

Hmmm...

Maybe I should rename the MBP. It's called 'Minerva' at the moment... perhaps 'Godzilla' would be more appropriate?

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I liked that too! :D :)

You had best watch out displaced, your MacBook Pro is a killer, it may come after you next! :eek: ;) :D

5. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

When I read the bolded part, I thought you were talking about Vista, then I read 'the crashy kind' & i was like....Vista isn't crashy? haha it took me a while to understand it. :eek: ;) :)

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Yes, as soon as we hear any reference to "windows", we just automatically assume it is about that terrible OS that Microsoft makes. :D

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

whats next you ask?.....the flesh on your legs after you put the MBP on your lap...good luck!:)

Bless