My Macbook Pro Problem....help!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by crazydrumma, May 16, 2006.

  1. crazydrumma macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2006
    Location:
    Chicago
    #1
    Hey everyone, some of you might know that I have been super zealous about my recent Macbook Pro order. I ordered the 1.83 GHZ MBP, and it just arrived. I haven't even opened the box yet. However, Apple just made it so for the exact same price, the MBP has the 2.0 GHZ processor. Will apple give me an exchange, since I just bought it, and it is equal price?
     
  2. jsw Moderator emeritus

    jsw

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2004
    Location:
    Andover, MA
    #2
    If you didn't alter anything (i.e., stock config), then you can return/exchange it.

    Otherwise, probably not.

    Edit: never mind. Looks like you added some things.

    For what it's worth, the speed difference is negligible. You won't notice anything.
     
  3. crazydrumma thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2006
    Location:
    Chicago
    #3
    I ordered 512 more MB of ram! Does that mean it won't work? If not, that's perfectly fine, 1.83 ghz is still WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY faster than I'm used to. It's just that it would be nice to get more, you know?
     
  4. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2006
    Location:
    East Coast, US
    #4
    When did it ship? I'm thinking they may have sent you a 2.0 anyway. Sometimes Apple is nice like that. (No guarantees though).
     
  5. crazydrumma thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2006
    Location:
    Chicago
    #5
    It shipped 3 days ago... *fingers crossed* because it didn't ship within 24 hours, which makes me think they might have given me a 2.0....
     
  6. Kace macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2005
    Location:
    Sydney
    #6
    i just recieved my 17MBP, dont know if youre aware, but the price here is Oz went down by AUD200. called customer care and they immediately refunded the difference. i think you should wait, if it shipped 3 days ago im sure its got a 2.0 CD. wait till you get it, if its not then call em straight away. (like its been mentioned here before, be nice and polite yet firm).
     

Share This Page