My Macbook Pro screeeeen!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Onkelskrue, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Onkelskrue macrumors member

May 25, 2005
    Hi guys,

I have no idea what is going on with my screen, other than that it is driving me nuts - could someone take a look at the screenshots and let me know what your thoughts are!?! I bought it less than a year ago, so I assume it is a hardware failure, but I would love to be proven wrong!

Basically, every other white/grey vertical line is pink.

Attached Files:

2. JDN macrumors 6502a

Sep 7, 2006
    Lund Sweden {London England}
    Try calibrating your screen. If you get no luck there, call apple.
  3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
  4. johnee macrumors 6502a

on a different thread, someone said the current generation mbp screens were bad. Is this problem what they were referring to?

If not, what else is wrong with them?

I'm looking to buy a mbp, but not sure if I can wait till they are updated...
  5. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Jun 10, 2006
    The screens are fine. Peole talked about having "grainy" screens, but I myself have never seen a MBP with such a screen. Search around, you can get peoples opinions on the matter. The current gen is fine.
  6. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

Jul 25, 2002
    Prospect, KY
    The same thing happened to an iBook I had a couple of years ago. The ribbon that connects the screen to the logic board was failing. I sent it in to Apple, they replaced the ribbon, and I never had another problem.
  7. macjay macrumors 6502

Oct 3, 2003
    At least one of the supplied screens on the current gen MBP's is not fine -- it is noticeably brighter on one side (the 09c60).
  8. osiris24x macrumors member

Mar 11, 2007
    I highly recommend a trip to your nearest Apple store. I concur that it is probably a ribbon cable connector, but either way it's not normal.