My Macbook Repair

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sequence, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Sequence macrumors member

Jun 11, 2006
    I just came back from the Apple Store at Carrefour Laval, Quebec so they can fix some problems with my Macbook. They're chaning the LCD panel, the Speakers and the top case.

I have list of all parts they've ordered for it + price of each part, etc.

It says
    1- LCD Panel, 13.3 in Price: $563.00
    2- Speaker, Left Price: $17.00
    3- Speaker, Right, with Subwoofer Price: $17.00
    4- Housing, Top Case, with Keyboard, French Canadian Price: $167.00

Total: $934 Amount Due: $0.00

My question is about #4... This concern the discoloration problem. Will the new part fix the problem permanently?

Also, does it include the whole keyboard with the keys + the trackpad or only the frame of everything (frame of every keys + frame of trackpad).

The thing is, the trackpad looks very greasy but there's no way to clean it... And I wonder if that part will replace that too.

2. purelithium macrumors 6502

May 28, 2006
    Kingston, Canada
    It replaces everything, including trackpad and keyboard, straight from a Genius.

As for the permanent discolouration fix, I don't know. Maybe. I've seen less and less complaints about it, but that may not mean it's fixed. Get it replaced and see if anything develops.
  3. Sequence thread starter macrumors member

Jun 11, 2006
    Thanks for your answer! Do you actually work as a genius?
  4. lumpini macrumors newbie

Sep 28, 2008
    Apple Store at Carrefour Laval

The idiots at that store told me they could not fix my powerbook and that the store does not do any repair. The caveat emptor being that one of the best mac guys out there, is right there in Laval. This guy used to work for Apple and does on site repairs. I met him about 8 years ago when Apple told me they couldn't upgrade me to OS 8.5. He can by and did it, pricy but on the job repairs. Sweeeeeeeeettttttttttt, try this Better luck next time.

5. e12a macrumors 68000

Oct 28, 2006
    i'm not sure if the palm rest staining issue is fixed..perhaps it is, and they changed the formula for the plastic due to the cracking at the edges.

as mentioned earlier, there seems to be less top case replacements now days. But only time will tell.

i work at a service center.
  6. Radio Monk33 macrumors 6502

Dec 4, 2007
    Wow that's a lot to repair...did you consider just buying a new machine?
  7. qsoundrich macrumors member

Dec 23, 2007
    Maybe you should ask Apple that question...