my macbook won't charge, what could've gone wrong?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by galloman, May 31, 2007.

1. macrumors member

Hi all !!

Earlier this week I posted that my charger had fried and that I was gonna see if the warranty could help me out. Since I had no battery left I went to the Apple Service center around here and asked if I could borrow/rent a charger, they said they don't provide that service but that I could leave them the notebook and they'd charge it up for me.

I picked it up about 6 hrs later and the thing was not charged at all. It would not even turn on. They said that since the AC adapter had burned maybe it had caused something in the computer and that I should probably leave it again to get it checked.

What do you guys think could've gone wrong ?? I mean, I'm suere you get this kind of problems around here quite a lot, so what has been the usual experience ?? What can I expect it to be ?? Will Apple help me ??

No more than a couple of days ago they had just changed the HD because it failed, so I have been computerless for almost a month now. It is driving me crazy and it seems like nightmare after nigthmare. Thanks for reading.

2. macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

It's screwed, man. You'll get a new MacBook out of it, though :/

3. macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Nothing!, my last macbook power adp, charged sometimes, the light would not come on and it would not charge at all........returned the charger to apple and it was a quick fix....

4. thread starter macrumors member

no but in this case the charger is already screwed. The cable burned from the part where it meets the magnet. They charged it with one of their own.

5. macrumors member

iYellow

Same problem with myn at the moment, I cant be bothered to go to the apple store, as I am going on holiday in 7 hours. :confused:

6. macrumors 6502

A month or so ago my Macbook wouldn't charge. To fix the problem I unplugged it, took the battery out, and then held the power button down for about 10 seconds. This resets the power management on the logic board or something...

Hope this works for you. :)

7. macrumors member

iYellow

I will try it, but if it doesnt work then I will be on Apples case. Watch out Steve! :)

Cheers.