My main Mavericks bugs. Anyone else getting this?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by travisbrowning, Jun 15, 2013.

1. macrumors member

travisbrowning

So far, Mavericks is awesome, probably my favorite release since Snow Leopard. I think every single feature it adds is much needed and well implemented. However, these are my main bugs, anyone else getting them or find a way around them?

- When using a mouse gesture to go back in Safari, the page loads for a second, then goes completely white and I have to cmd + r to refresh it real quick. This seems to happen more on Reddit than anywhere else and it happened in Mountain Lion a little bit too.

- Youtube videos seem to really work the system and bog it down. I know flash is known to do that, but it seems quite a bit more pronounced than how it was in Mountain Lion.

2. macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Yes, I've noticed the "white screen" when back-paging Safari using a swipe. But honestly, just like all other Safari versions before, the behavior seems to be site-specific.

3. macrumors 6502

I get that behavior now with 10.8.4.

really annoying

4. macrumors 6502a

Baklava

I noticed the same issue with with blank page.

5. macrumors member

I have noticed the first problem. Another one is the glitch when opening a second tab in safari, nothing too serious though.

6. macrumors member

there's a guide here on MR on how to use ClicktoPlugin but I can't find it (googled and searched the threads for a couple of minutes, so if someone knows which one i'm talking about please link :eek:).

It makes use of QT/html5 instead of flash, might be worth a shot.
    + we can know if it works with safari in Mavericks :)

7. macrumors newbie

I get the same thing on preview 5

plus lots of instances of links not working and typing in a url does not cause navigating to the entered url. Safari is basically hosed in the last 2 releases

8. macrumors member

jaknudsen

Have you tried http://www.youtube.com/html5 ?