Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ls1dreams

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
Overall, I generally like much of the new functionality, but hate the design, particularly the icon sets and the ugly plain colors. (grey folders, newstand, etc).

Any fixes for these major issues?

1. The disappearing toolbar in safari. This is insanely annoying because going back is now almost always a 2-step process.

2. Like previous iphones, I'm sick of all the excessive transition animations which seem to just get slower every year. I know there was a jailbreak to speed these up in the past. Was really hoping apple would make something to fix this.

3. The entire photo viewing UI is annoying, but I imagine there's nothing I can do about this. Same for the "view all tabs" page in safari.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Any fixes for these major issues?

1. The disappearing toolbar in safari. This is insanely annoying because going back is now almost always a 2-step process.

3. The entire photo viewing UI is annoying, but I imagine there's nothing I can do about this.

1. Just swipe right from the left edge of the screen. It's quicker than a back button because the target is huge.

2. Photo albums behave the same.

Beefburga

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2009
Tap anywhere on the bottom of the screen in Safari to get the bottom tool bar back up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.