My Matrix!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by eyelikeart, May 16, 2002.

1. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I just wanted to share my joy with u guys...

I'm leaving work this evening and picking up my new Toyota Matrix... :D

Attached Files:

2. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Cool car, nice for city driving.

Now you need to go out and get an XM Satellite Radio. If you want, I can send you a $70 off coupon for one. I have one and it is the best thing in the world next to my TiPB.

www.xmradio.com

D

3. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

aw man....I'll take it...he he he...

I've been wanting one of those for a while now!

thanks!! :D ;) :p

4. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Really? Great, email me your address and I'll send you one in the mail tomorrow.

5. Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

bitchin' lil machine.

congrats.

but come on lets have a lil braggin' lets hear about your new baby, what sold you on her?

o and xm rocks, and im not just saying that because a family member was on its design team.

6. macrumors 68030

mischief

Well! Apparently your hourly goes farther in NOLA!

I found the Matrix a bit outside my tastes. However I DO like this little toy, I'm hoping to get one this Fall.

Attached Files:

7. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

what sold me on her...he he he...

it goes like this...

I had planned to live with my girlfriend and up till last week was going to move out of state to be with her...

I had saved a bunch of money....we were talking about marriage...u know the deal...

and I'm no longer with her...my lease runs out on my Camry next Monday....I'm no longer moving nor buying an engagement ring anytime soon...the timing was pretty perfect! ;)

I was going to buy out my Camry...but I'm turning 25 in a few months...and I really wanted a car that was much more becoming of me...my personality...and this was just the ticket! :D

8. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

So give, I know a few people there, who? Have you been for a tour of the studios? It is totally unbelievable, go if you ever get a chance.:cool: There is nothing like it anywhere.

9. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

To each his own... You won't catch me owning one of those things. Several of you know how I feel about that particular auto maker... :D

For pure fun in transit, nothing beats a Harley (at least for me). For a vehicle that can litterally do it all, I have the truck. I was 'discussing' this with eyelikeart last night... My truck as over 2x the engine his matrix does, hauls (on a hitch) close to 3 tons, and can hold over a ton in the bed. I enjoy being able to see over the cars in front of me when I am in traffic, that way you know which a$$hole to beat up for slowing everyone down. I do so hate slow drivers. As for the power of it... I have spun my rear wheels after a stop when the ground is just damp (if I push just a little too much on the gas pedal).

I am considering getting a dual exhaust system installed on my truck, I just need to see if it will pass inspection up here in MA. If I can get a system that will pass, and give me the benefits of the dual system, I'm doing it. Besides the fact that you will hear more of the power inside the V6 (4.0). I will never own a vehicle (with 4 wheels) that has anything less then a V6 inside of it. For motorcycles, nothing less then an 88ci V-Twin for me. :D Of course that V-Twin needs to be inside a Harley frame...

10. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

This is one image I could dig up... Pretty much my truck, except I have 4x4 where the FX4 is... I also changed the bed rails to diamond plate (looks sharp).

Attached Files:

11. macrumors 65816

cleo

Re: what sold me on her...he he he...

Good call. A new car is better than a woman any day :D

12. macrumors 6502

13. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Now you need to hop in the Matix, and haul butt up here for a weekend. It would be nice to have you come up, and hey, you would only burn about 10 bucks in gas each way. Tara will cook a Gumbo, or Etufee'

;)

14. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Re: what sold me on her...he he he...

aw....thanks....I'm glad u can appreciate that...he he he ;)

15. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

'vette's are good... but for trucks, FORD all the way!!! chevy's are *cough*crap*cough*... or as I call them... sh*tvee's. Ford trucks have always done good by me, and all the members of my family (immediate and extended). I turned my leased 99 Ranger in and bought the 2002 model that I have now. I went to a good dealer, and actually delt with the general manager of it. I was referred to him by a woman here at work, and didn't realize how high in the food chain he was. They hunted down the truck I wanted, and match the spec's I gave pretty damned close.

16. macrumors 68030

mischief

Re: Re: what sold me on her...he he he...

Geez. We gotta find you better women! Though I will say that a zippy new Toyota complains less, responds better and requires less maintenance than most women.:D :D :D

BTW: Alpha: :p :p :p :p :p :p

17. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Re: Re: Re: what sold me on her...he he he...

insert truck or Harley for toy....ota and you have it right... :D Although both my truck and Harley are not 'zippy' they are balls to the wall with power. :D :D

and what are all those tongues for???? LMAO!!!

18. macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    CONGRATS!

i think the matrix is one of the best auto designs i've seen in a long time. i was parked next to one yesterday and thought pictures just don't do it justice. enjoy that puppy.:)

19. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I looks like a nice car, and I hope you enjoy it, I'm sure you will. But the first time I saw the ad, with the euro/trash/spy/chase 'its a blue.....' and then the name Matix, I thought it was a little too much. Talk about capitalizing on Hollywood! Or the cyborg/robot one, again, too much.

Well, it still looks good. How's it drive?

20. macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

NICE

Very nice car eye. It matches the TiBook perfectly! Boy I want both.

21. macrumors 68020

Beej

Sweet car, eye!

I don't know if anyone here - other than the Aussies - knows what a Holden Monaro is. It was an icon of Australian culture in the '70s. Some guys at Holden created a model of a modern Monaro in their spare time. People who mattered liked what they saw, and the dream was re-born...

Attached Files:

22. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

sweet car indeed..

how's it drive? it's not hybrid or electric at all is it? what type of mileage does it get?

good to see not everyone needs an SUV type car to feel powerful...

23. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

oh man!!

this thing is killer!!! :D

for those interested....it's the XRS model...comes with the VVT-i motor...and it's fast!!!

I am so happy....I didn't want to get out of it tonite!!

it drives really well....6 speed manual....nice ride....not rough...definitely not soft...

it's not a hybrid....pure gasoline....I think I'll be going with higher octane fuel now....I just got whatever was cheapest for my Camry...

and it matches with my TiBook nicely...he he he ;)

24. macrumors 68020

Beej

Re: oh man!!

Heh. Well, that's the main thing, isn't it?

Good to hear you're happy with it. What does your Ti think, though, it is jealous?

25. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Re: oh man!!

nah....Mercury isn't jealous....she's happy I came out ahead from last week's events....he he he ;)

now I am brainstorming to name her...