Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PsyD4Me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
under your bed
I need a notebook within 1-3 weeks....But the sooner the better.

I know that Apple's event on the 26th might include the release of new MBP's but does anyone think that they would also release an updated MBA.

I just don't know if i should just purchase the current MBA...

What do you think?

upaymeifixit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2009
Makes so much more sense to wait. If you really need one now buy one and then you have 30 days to return it for no reason.

potdude

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2007
Nobody knows if a new one will be released on the 26th, but if one is not you are gonna be waiting 2 weeks for nothing.

If you have another computer, waiting isn't a bad idea. If you can't wait, then buy one now and return it if a new one is announced.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
I believe the MBA will be getting an update with its next release. I think that it will have a new display and possibly a different form factor that will warrant it being "shown off" at a media event. However, I don't know when that will be.

Since the rumors are for a Mac "mobility" media event, I would think that gives credence to the January 26/27 rumored event. As someone else pointed out, that isn't far away.

I would borrow a PC, another Mac, or do anything I could to wait. You could even just buy a used Mac and just resell it after you get your new/next MBA.

My rev B MBA was stolen two months before the MBA update last June. I bought a MacBook and suffered for two months while I waited. It was worth it though, as I got an even better MBA at a $700 discount.

Good luck... and sorry for your loss.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
Its possible there will be an update to the air... im predicting stock 4GB ram, larger storage options, and maybe an all glass trackpad... but thats it... and really thats all the air needs...

I would wait to see... If apple does not update the air at least that little bit.. I will be pretty disapointed... Since you are online to tell us about your misfortune, im guessing you have another computer, or some way to get on the internet that could maybe last you until the end of the month...

maybe get a couple good books to hold you over?

EDIT: just read your sig.. the mac pro definately will hold you over... good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.