my MBP is making the weirdest sounds (not the whining)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by odedia, Apr 29, 2006.

1. odedia macrumors 6502a

It just started one morning and keeps coming and going.

I managed to record it using the internal mic. The recording is from when I'm closing the lid half-way to get the mic closer to the noise area, and until i reopen the lid all the way up. You can hear the noise away, then very loud, then away again. It is really worrying. It's like a fan is stuck or something.

Oded S.

Attached Files:

2. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

If it's moaning, chances are you're confusing a MacBook Pro with a hooker. Happens all the time.

Daniel.

3. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

haha, that's a good one, sorry, can't help you though bud. i don't have an MBP:) Call Apple?

4. joelypolly macrumors 6502

sounds like a fan... btw the mic is under the left speaker and not in the screen frame

5. odedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know, but closing the lid halfway provided better acustics to hear the noise.

Oded S.

6. odedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

I checked, it's not the hooker.

LOL

Oded S.

7. brikeh macrumors 6502a

brikeh

8. ikonq macrumors member

it's under warranty (i'd hope LOL), so take it to an Apple Service Center (not just a store, make sure its a service center) and tell them the symptoms. They'll probably replace the Logic Board. (If they don't, I'd wonder about how the tech got certified LOL) If thats not the problem, they'll do the same to the PMU.

If they cant have it fixed fast (give them a week or so if its just one part needing replacement), such as a months time, kick up a bit of a fuss, and then Apple Customer Service might give you a replacement. (These have a habit of being newer or upgraded models of your previous machine)

hope that helps

9. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

how does one utilize the internal mic?

10. LastZion macrumors 6502a

I've noticed this in the last 5 days, about 3 times. It seems to happen when its REALLY getting hot (not enough airflow to cool down).

My serial is: W861018...

Maybe this is related to the hot earlier models, I heard the heat issue is fixed in W8613+ models...

11. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

It does sound pretty worrying, if I was you, ring Apple.

12. odedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

My model is W8613. To tell the truth, I don't think apple did ANYTHING between those so called revisions. It's just week numbers.

Oded s.