My MBP vs new imac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tim2006, Feb 8, 2007.

1. tim2006 macrumors 6502

Question: I have a MBP 15 inch. My wife wants wants a desktop to use. I use a windows pc at work. Should I:

1) buy an additional iMac
    2)buy a monitor and wireless keyboard.

2. tim2006 thread starter macrumors 6502

should the monitor be from apple or are they all the same.

3. martin1000 macrumors regular

As for the monitor, depends how much you want to spend and how much style you want. The apple monitors are very sexy but are more expensive than say a dell or other monitor maker.

As for whether you should buy another pc depends on if 1. will both of you be fighting for use of the mbp if you decide to not buy a desktop? 2. is the mbp always at home or do you take it on business travel or to work?

If you are always going to competing for the one computer in the house, or if you take the mbp with you often , I would suggest buying a desktop so everyone is happy.

4. tim2006 thread starter macrumors 6502

no fighting MBP is at home all of the time. like the portability in the house.

5. martin1000 macrumors regular

It will definitely be cheaper to buy a Dell (or other Manufacturer) monitor and a keyboard and mouse.

6. ready2switch macrumors 6502

I might set up a workstation then. Monitor, keyboard, mouse for your wife to plug into. I'd probably do wireless (BT) if it were me just to keep things a bit more clean.

7. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

the thing about this is that you have to connect every single time, while it doesn't take that long... i would still prefer wired accessories so that you would be ready to go...:apple: