my menu bar items went away!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by furcalchick, Dec 25, 2006.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

while calbrating the battery, i notice what when my power started getting low, the menu bar on the right side just vanished, so the time is gone, spotlight has dissapeared, and i assumed it was for battery saving power, but as i'm charging back the battery power now, it hasn't come back yet, and i'm wondering how do i get those indicators back where i had them before? thanks!!!

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

A restart's a good idea. If that doesn't work, then tell us a bit more about your machine. What sort of Mac is it? What third party software do you have running? What recent changes did you make to it? Do you have a Front Row hack installed? :)

4. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

the restart got the stuff back. but i would like to know how to get it back without restarting.

and i don't have any hacks on my mac.

5. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

I would think thats more of a hiccup than anything. If it does occur again, try logging out and then logging back in. Other than that, there's no other ways to fix it off hand. It really shouldn't be doing that actually. Please keep us informed if it keeps doing it.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What apps were running? Restarts are brilliant for fixing small issues like this, so don't avoid them for the sake of avoiding them. :)