My mom got a new car!

Discussion in 'Community' started by CompUser, Sep 25, 2005.

1. CompUser Guest

My mom got a new VW Touareg V8 yesterday because the BMW dealership is too far away for the little problems that occured with her X3.

It is "off road grey" on the outside with grey leather seats.

It has the navigation system, Xenons, Keyless Access, AWD, Air Suspension, Power everything (including seatbelts and steering wheel), heated seats, 19" wheels, and all the other standard stuff.

She was thinking of getting a Volvo XC70 but she liked the touareg more.

2. fayans macrumors 6502a

fayans

3. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

With current gas prices all she did was buy a whole lotta gas and the car is just a bonus ;). I'm very glad that I don't have to drive anymore, paying for gas was painful, and I drove a hybrid :eek: !

_Emerson

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

You are going to be driving soon enough, CompUser. Are you going to get the X3 or another hand-me-down car from your parents?

5. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

Powered seatbelts?

How do they work then? In VW's i've been in the car makes a ping ping noise until you put your seatbelt on, but do you mean something else?

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I haven't really seen a VW Touareg to know. A V8 will certainly use a lot of gas. We purchase a Volvo XC70 in July. Stayed away from a V8 because of gas milage and just more power that we needed. We love the Volvo.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i love the styling of that car, but its more power than whats needed, and too much money for gas too, but stylin

8. CompUser thread starter Guest

No we traded in the X3.

I'll pobably either get our 2001/2002 Grand Cherokee LTD V8 (3rd car) or my Dads 2003 Discovery

The touareg gets around 18mpg average, same as the Jeep. The Discovery gets like 15mpg (horrendous I know).

Between the V6 and V8 there is only about a 2mpg difference.

9. CompUser thread starter Guest

No, you know how you can adjust the seatbelt on the side column and put it higher an lower. Well instead of using your hands to do it, you press a button.

10. CompUser thread starter Guest

she does have an iPod, but it doesn't have the cool iPod connector like in the X3.

11. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

Ah right :)

Sounds like the kind of feature I would use just about once..when I got in the car and drove from the dealership. But I'm sure they can add a few hundred dollars extra to the list price for that feature! :rolleyes:

12. CompUser thread starter Guest

Yea, It seems like you would never use it, and it would break. It was part of one of the packages.

13. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Usually I find that the one feature I really want (like auto-dimming mirrors which I consider a near essential for long trips) are bundled together with a bunch of other crap I don't want to pay for. Then again, if I owned a dealership I guess I cant say I wouldn't be doing the same thing.

BTW, the I think the Tuareg is the best looking SUV out there. Enjoy the V8, the other model is a little underpowered/overpriced.

14. gangst macrumors 6502a

Lol, you Yanks moan about petrol prices, in the UK we pay about 0.95 pence a litre which is about $1.70 a litre or $6.46 a gallon!
    Now that hurts your pocket!

15. CompUser thread starter Guest

Its not my pocket, its my parent's. :)

Gas is like $3.29 for premium I think, which the touareg "requires"

16. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Luckily my wife's Volvo XC70 a four cylinder uses regular gas. At least your Mom is a Pediatrician and can afford the higher price for premium. Your gas must be cheaper in CT, my wife paid $3.29/gal for regular here in Boston. :(