Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
C

CompUser

Original poster
Soon after I had bought my powerbook my mom started wanting to use it. She said she liked it more. Then she started to want to do picture editing and slideshow editing. I've been able to convince my mom that the Mac is better. For her birthday we got her everything she needs.

Tonight we went to the apple store and purchased...
- 1.42GHz Mac Mini SuperDrive
- 1 GB RAM
- Wireless Mouse and Keyboard
- AppleCare
- Lacie 160GB "companion" hard drive
- 20" Apple Cinema (took a bit of convincing)
- MS Office Standard
- HP PhotoSmart 2575 AIO (-$100 i think with purchase)
- 2x 25 pack of DVDs
- Canon S2 5MP, 12x Zoom
--------
- Will Moses Painting
--------
-Clothes picked out by my sister but I paid for some of them

Tomorrow night (her 50th birthday) my dad is taking her out to dinner and do what ever else she wants to do.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
She didn't like an iMac G5?

Congrats on switching her by showing the virtues of iLife and OSX. :D

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Oh Honey, so that's what I'm getting tomorrow! You blew my surprise. :(

Didn't I tell you I like Macs so much I joined Mac Rumors?

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
Sounds like she has a really nice birthday ahead :) That was really nice of you and your dad to do that all for her. She will no doubt be very thankful and happy!

jmufellow

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2005
Awesome...especially the display:)

I can see it now...threads galore..."oh yeah? my mom's mac is better than yours!"

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
If you just bought the mini today, you may have ended up with one of the new late 2005 free upgrade models.

Once she's up and running check the system profiler to see what you got.
It may show 1.5 Ghz 64 MB VRAM

If so you really got a nice machine.

C

CompUser

Original poster
Well my mom has perviously said she didn't really like the iMac and that the mini was cute. From my dads typical business prospective he thought it was better because if the LCD broken and only the computer worked, or vise versa, all of your $$$ wouldn't have gone down the drain.

This could lead to good things. She one day could switch her PC office over to a Mac practice (she is a pediatrician).

SummerBreeze

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago, IL
What an awesome birthday present! I'd give anything for just the cinema display, not to mention all that other stuff. Makes my present for my dad (Tiger, because he's still stuck on Puma, and a wireless card) seem rather weak.

FFTT said:
I actually heard The Computer Guys on NPR mention that statistically more than 25% of doctors use Macs.

That's interesting, I haven't heard that stat before!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.