My Mouse is messed up

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by TEG, Dec 20, 2002.

1. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Hi.

I have a M$ intelliMouse USB on my PBG4. It has 4 buttons and a scroll wheel which can act like a button. I reciently purchased Unreal Tournament for my Mac and when I try to play it with my buttons set in UT, Which ever button I assign as the primary fire, instead changes weapons, all other settings work fine, just that one thing. BTW UT does have settings for my trackpad, I have already troubleshot and disabled the setting with no luck. All Extensons and Control Panels are brand new, newest available. I've also tried GT/MacSoft Tech support they blame the mouse, and the M$ guys blame GT/MacSoft.

So any Ideas??

~TEG::

2. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Do you have a USB keyboard? If so, I think it's likely that your mouse (since it's attached to the same USB controller) has been surreptitiously detecting all the times you've been typing "M$" and has built up a resentment of you. You should try unplugging it, beating it against your desk a few times, and screaming "Who's your daddy?!?" at the top of your lungs.

3. TEG thread starter macrumors 604

TEG

LOL... i already Tried that, I do have a USB Keyboard, but I haven't tried using it with UT, I seem to stick more with my built-in Keyboard.
    Thanks though....

~TEG::