my mouse squeeks

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fyrmedic, Nov 3, 2005.

1. fyrmedic macrumors member

Don't laugh too hard. I just got my new PM a couple of days ago and now the mouse is squeeking really bad not a click but a SQUEEK every time I push it....it's driving me crazy...like nails on a chalk board....can I take the thing appart or do I just bring it back:eek: :eek: :eek:

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

3. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Maybe use a mousepad? Even though they're not necessary for traction anymore, they can still improve your mousing experience.

4. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

Amen.

My Apple Mouse is sitting in a drawer somewhere, looking pretty, but being useless.

5. fyrmedic thread starter macrumors member

any recamendations(sp) on multi button mouses....Mouse pad will not help it is when I click the mouse that is squeeks like a rusty door

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

The Microsoft Intellimouse is a really nice mouse...lots of buttons and great shape. I use a trackball for normal computer work, but if I have to use a mouse an Intellimouse is the way to go.

7. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Is it a Mighty Mouse? (Are they including those with the new PMs?) If so, it's a common problem, but easily fixed. Turn the mouse over and sort of pry the middle section out or side to side so that it's properly aligned. My Mighty Mouse squeaked horribly when I first got it a couple months ago. I did that to it, and it hasn't squeaked at all since.