My music/photos/apps are all gone

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by 1zach4, Oct 12, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Just update the 3GS to iOS 5 and even after restoring from a backup, all of my music, photos, and apps are gone.

The photos are saved to an external HDD, so no worries there. However, all of my music and apps are clearly showing in iTunes, but no matter how many times I try to sync the phone...it won't transfer any of it back to my phone

2. macrumors newbie

Same here, iPad 2. Music (not important) and pictures (important) are gone. Apps restored perfect as well as all data. I'm pissed off, the iPad isn't mine... :(

I've been trying some fixes for this, nothing worked. Are we the only ones?

:eek:

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Who knows...I just don't understand why I can see everything in iTunes, but absolutely none of it will transfer to my phone :mad:

4. macrumors newbie

5. thread starter macrumors regular

My music is still on iTunes, just not on my phone, and I cannot figure out how to get it back on

6. macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

If you had "manually manage music" selected in iTunes, you will have to manually add the songs back.

Drag and drop :)

7. thread starter macrumors regular

I don't. Just have "Sync only checked songs and videos" checked

8. macrumors 6502a

Gatteau

I chose to install on an entirely clean slate, myself.

9. macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Make sure the songs are checked off, then sync it. It should move them over.

10. thread starter macrumors regular

Everything was checked...I figured out the issue though

When you select your iphone in iTunes, be sure to go to the top where the "summary" is and check under apps, ringtones, music, movies etc and check the "Sync" box or your phone won't sync any of those items when you do a sync.

:cool:

11. macrumors 6502

28Gauge

Good tip! I was having the same problem. Everything is back on my phone now.

12. macrumors 68020

AppleFanatic10

Music and apps are automatically gone when you update a new iOS on your iDevice... not sure about the pictures tho... they should've stayed on.

13. macrumors member

All of your apps are in the Apps store under "updates" and the right tab that says "not on this phone" just go in there to add to your phone from the "cloud":rolleyes:

14. macrumors newbie

All my music remained on my ipad, not in itunes. The restore puts it all back. At least for me it did, and I had quite a bit of music on there. Even playlists were saved.

15. macrumors newbie

I get that you can re download everything through iCloud, but I have all my apps nicely arranged in folders, on the correct pages, etc. You mean I have to redownload all of my apps and then rearrange them as well?

16. macrumors newbie

all of my photos are gonnnee!! :mad::mad::mad:
    music i was able to restore but my ringtone isn't listed on the phone anymore either.... :mad::mad::mad: