My nano is dead

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MattyMac, Aug 21, 2006.

1. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Well I called customer service and filled out the service request form for repair online.

This is what happened; I was about to go for a run today, but my iPod wouldnt turn on. It is definitely charged, but still doesnt work. Yes, I tried resetting it, connecting it to the computer, yada yada yada and nothing:confused:

Now I have to go and run without my nano:(

Well, hopefully the turnaround time wont be forever..

2. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

Well as long as it is still under warrenty and their is no physical or water damage they will replace it for you! The turnaround isnt that bad, i did it with my nano and had it back with in two weeks from the day i told apple to send me the shipping box!

3. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

Actually i just thought of a better idea, stupid me. Why dont you just bring it into your local apple store. Bring it to hte genious bar and they will replace it for you right then and their. It is quick and painless. I think that is your best bet!

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Sorry to hear about your iPod Nano's untimely demise MattyMac, my advice would be to do as ipodcentral112 has suggested and take it to your local Apple Store. :)

5. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Thanks I was thinking this as well...however I asked the phone support women if I should do that and she said they would probably ask me to go through the online form anyhow or to call the support number. So I went with the online form. Two weeks isn't too bad I suppose. Actually, that's alot of running my iPod will miss:rolleyes:

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Not bad, two weeks without an iPod is like an eternity! :eek: :p ;) :D

7. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Yeah man...luckily I still have a 5G, 4G, and a shuffle:D

...but I used the nano the most...with running and the nike kit and all:(

8. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Well, since you have all of those other iPods, your withdrawal syptoms should be minimal MattyMac. :D :)

9. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

IDk if the support lady was correct becasue if you make a ipod appointment in the concierge at apple.com support tab you just walk in shoe them your ipod and htey will exchange it for your right their. Just make usre you make an appointment and back up all of your songs!

10. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Yeah I thought that's how it works...I'll definitely go that route next time!

...I already filled out the online form, so I'll just go with that for now:rolleyes:

11. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

12. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Definately do this. I have done this four times with my 4G iPod Photo :)

13. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Thanks!

Too late unfortunately, I'm already sending it in.

14. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

Haha dont worry it works out either way, the other way is just a bit faster but i wouldnt sweat it!

15. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Will do...I'll most likely be recieving my box today to send it out for repair. Hopefully I can get DHL to pick it up ASAP.

16. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Got my box afterwork and I called DHL to schedule a pickup and they are coming today before 7pm. What quick service!

17. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

Yeah, not too many people use DHL but they really are pretty good and quick.

18. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Yes they are...and guess what??

My new nano is being delivered tomorrow....amazingly Fast transactions!

Less than a week:D

EDIT: Today

19. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Yea, the thing that scares me about online is if they return it and charge me $100 for normal wear and tear. I never bothered to get a skin for my nano and now it looks like it went through a blender. Worked fine up until a few days ago, when it wouldn't charge. :(

I should go to my local Apple service center or something.

20. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

Did u try and bring it into the apple store?

21. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

replacement nano

I bought my iPod Nano about two weeks. After the first charge I new I had a lemon on my hands. Battery on lasted four hours. Tried it out for a week, ran power down and up, reinstalled software etc... tried it without backlight, without skipping but it wouldn't last past four hours. Here's what I did. FIRST I called apple and told them the problem. They then gave me a case number and an appointment at the Regent Street apple store. Then I went to the apple store for my appointment and the genius (that always sounds so funny) was going to have me leave it with him for inspection (aaaahhhh) but I pointed out the case number and he said, "oh, you have a case number." And he handed me a new nano. That was that. So. A) Get a case number. B) Head to your apple store. C) Leave very happy. Hope this helps in any sort of mac situations. Cheers, T

22. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Awesome...I will remember that for next time!