my nano is frozen, please help

Discussion in 'iPod' started by gtf, Jan 24, 2006.

1. gtf macrumors newbie

after leaving my ipod nano on hold last night it went into sleep mode, and this morning i connected it to my computer and it froze, with the backlight on, and in hold mode, regardless of whether i turn off hold or not.

it's completely frozen, and i'm wondering if i can do anything to reset it other than wait for the battery to die out. it's happened once before, and it took many hours for the battery to die out despite the backlight being on the entire time.

any help is appreciated.

2. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

This happens to me all the time. Hold down the middle and "Menu" buttons until it restarts (usually around 3 seconds).

3. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

i wish i knew that when something similar happened to me. I played a song, put it on hold, the next song wouldn't play (in shuffle mode), i take it off of hold, nothing happens. So i have to let it sit there until the battery drained, that worked. It could have been worse if the backlight wasn't on. It would have taken a much longer time.

4. dr427 macrumors regular

dr427

Mine does it all the time when I remove it from my JBL On Stage and put it in my cradle.

I have to turn it on before I can put it into the cradel after removing it from the On Stage. Otherwise it locks up. One time it hummed until I did the above reset.

5. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

THe correct hard reset steps are to toggle the hold switch and then hold the menu and select button for about 6 sec.
    I have had my nano freeze on me a couple of times and this seems to do the trick.

6. sprstu macrumors member

sprstu

i just hold down the center button and menu, as stated above, and that does the trick. once it back on make sure you have the most current software uploaded.

7. robPOD macrumors 6502

just reset it, hold the center button and play pause