My new 64GB iPod Touch is unreal !

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by joe1946, Sep 8, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Mar 11, 2009
    I just picked it up from my local Apple store and viewed some of my videos on youtube and they look just like they do on my 1080p HDTVs ! The new Retina display is PERFECT !
  2. macrumors 65816

Feb 2, 2010
    Woodstock, GA USA
    That's awesome. Have u tried taking some pics or videos yet???

I can't wait to get mine tonight.
  3. M-5
    macrumors 6502a

Jan 4, 2008
    Your YouTube video isn't going to be able to demonstrate how the videos look to you on your retina display to us.
  4. thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 11, 2009
  5. macrumors 68020

May 30, 2010
  6. macrumors 6502

Mar 5, 2007
    Yep, I'm loving my 32gb version also.. I don't see a HUGE difference in teh retina display but its nicer.

I keep trying to lock it by pushing the left side but they put the lock button to the right on this version..

old habits..
  7. thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 11, 2009
    When I was at my Apple store at 9am the manager told me he only had the 8GB and 32GB but told me he would have the 64GB in about an hour so I came back at 10:30 and picked it up.
  8. macrumors 6502

Aug 7, 2008
    Boston, MA.
  9. macrumors 6502a

Jan 2, 2009
    Its a great display but the viewing angles are terrible.
  10. macrumors member

Sep 7, 2010
    Who freaking gives a ****? I've seen alot of complaints about this, and it's getting really stupid. I checked out an iPhone 4 today and played with it and said "holy ****." Not because I could put it on the table, stand far away and still see what it says, but because you can see all the text on a website while zoomed out completely. If it has THAT feature of the iphone 4, I could care less about whether the display is IPS or whatnot.

On that note, can you read the text on the ipod 4 while zoomed out? (best example would be the New York Times site (since that's what I checked out :D).
  11. macrumors 68020

Aug 28, 2008
    Beverly, Massachusetts
    There is so such thing as a Retina display. Its a marketing trick by Apple. By Apple's logic, their competitors also sell retina displays with their phones.
  12. thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 11, 2009
  13. macrumors 6502

Nov 17, 2007
    You're trying to prove TN matrix has the same quality as IPS. You really don't get it do you? Show me your iPod touch side by side with the iPhone 4, both connected to charger, and we'll talk about your "perfect amazing super duper iPod screen"....
  14. macrumors 68020

Dec 18, 2009
    Umm...pretty much every review, even the engadget one, notes how nice the screen is. I suppose they are all "retard" as you put it? Again, you're trying to make an assertion that because it's not IPS it cannot be "good," but that's simply false. It might not be "as good as" the iPhone 4 screen, but it can still be impressive you know. I'm puzzled as to why are you so hell bent on proving people wrong when pretty much every reviewer and the people who handled the device say the screen is great. :confused:
  15. macrumors 6502

Jul 25, 2010
    Wow did Apple see this coming? Ipod Touch 4 users vs Iphone 4 users. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT. :)
  16. macrumors member

Sep 1, 2010
    GoodBoy you need to calm down, just because it's not as good as the Iphone 4 doesn't mean its bad its way better then last gen and way better then most other comparable devices so just put it to rest and grown up.
  17. macrumors 6502

Jul 10, 2008
    So let's say both iDevices are like Ferrari's, but one has an engine that isn't quite as powerful as the other, does that mean it sucks?
  18. macrumors member

Sep 7, 2010
    Imagine that both the iDevices are like Ferrari's, the $120,000 version is almost as good as the $200,000 version, but lacks some minor features. CUSTOMERS ARE APPALLED THAT THEY AREN'T EXACTLY THE SAME!
  19. macrumors 6502

Nov 17, 2007
    I'm not saying it's crap for TN type of panel. It's just crap compared to any better LCD technology. This is not my imagination, it's the nature of screen technologies, so you really don't fight with me, but rather try to prove something that simply cannot be. Mr joe1946 thinks TN is equaly good as iPhone 4, and my response was regarding his statement, which is an obvious either lie or the lack of knowledge about differences in many types of LCD panels.
  20. macrumors 68020

Dec 18, 2009
    And to joe1946, it could very well be. If both screens have the similar gamut, color responses and tone curve with the same GUI displayed, they very well could look pretty much identical to lay people's eyes. You are ignoring that not everybody cares so much about the black level. People are much more receptive towards the brightness and color casts, and the screens are close enough in those departments.

I understand that you, as an internet-forum-dwelling-geek(as I am too) demand a better technology from a product, but you're just being rude by asserting your standard is the only one.
  21. macrumors newbie

Aug 17, 2010
    i went to go and but an ipod touch 8 gb from apple and this is the best ipod tat i have ever had idk wat else they could possibly do to make it better:)
  22. macrumors 6502

Jun 7, 2010
    I take my comments back. These topics always seem to devolve into juvenile back and forth...
  23. macrumors 6502

Jun 8, 2007
    Montreal, Canada
    People are getting more and more agressive. What's up with the name calling on this thread? You know, I don't doubt if they were teens. :rolleyes:
  24. macrumors 68020

Jan 22, 2008
    Bay Area
    Seeing as that's the main market demographic for this device, it's not surprising.
  25. macrumors 65816

Jul 29, 2010
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    I see the error with "a group of highly-trained monkeys have been enpatched" :confused: