My New Air is Awesome!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by fupresti, Aug 31, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Too bad I it owned less than 48 hours before it died, Apple was unable to diagnose the issue, and since it was a build to own, I have to wait another week to order a replacement.

First world problems, I know.

2. macrumors 6502

That’s a bummer. What was wrong with the MBA?

3. thread starter macrumors regular

No idea, maybe logic board but there is nothing indicating it. I must be born under a bad Mac sign, my 2010 Pro had 3 LCD screens replaced, a logic board and a hard drive in only 2 years.

4. macrumors 6502

Didn’t power on at all? Doesn’t really matter I suppose, just curious.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Dead as a doornail. The Genius said they had never seen it before ever.

6. macrumors 6502a

You should ask Apple (very politely) if there is anything they can do to compensate you for your time lost. I have heard of people getting anywhere from laptop sleeves to USB hard drives from Apple for the inconvenience. Not saying it will happen to you, but it has happened before. :)

7. macrumors 601

You didn't order the encrusted diamond version! ^)

That sounds stupid (of Apple), so there are 3 ram choices, 3 SSD sizes, i5 or i7, OK top of my head permutation, 25 combinations. Surely a company as big as Apple have all these pre-made?

Delay probly lead time shipping from China. Will it kill them to have a warehouse in the U.S.? The dang CEO is making like $200 million.

Yeah, ask for a gift card for your trouble.

8. macrumors 6502

BigMcGuire

Yeah, be polite and kind and those Apple Geniuses really go out of their way to do stuff like this.