My new BTO iBook shipped from Alaska and now in Taiwan...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mcarnes, Oct 22, 2004.

1. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Is this normal?

I ordered a new BTO iBook online from The Apple Store last Tuesday (the day they came out) and it shipped today (10/22). Well, I went to track it and it said it shipped from Alaska and is now in Taiwan and not in FedEx possession!

Am I being paranoid here?

FYI, it is a 12" iBook, 1.2 Ghz, 80GB, BT.

I live in Oregon.

Attached Files:

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

wrong, its in Alaska now, it shipped from tiawan

Fedex shows status current to last, backwards if you will

the first entry at 5am is when they didnt have it, but got the info for shipping, and then it shipped to Alaska and has departed the depot in Alaska and is being shipped probably to a depot closer to you

3. russed macrumors 68000

russed

they always ship from taiwan as that is where they make all of their stuff!

4. Celeron macrumors 6502a

Dude, come on. Did you actually read the page first?

5. verces macrumors member

Paranoia at its best.

I was also fooled by reading that first hand, because if you read from top down, it actually makes sense....package sent from Alaska, Fed Ex delivers it to Taiwan, (Gods knows why), then suddenly for some unknown reason, it gets picked up by an anonymous unknown person (Yikes!) and is lost, (hence "Not in FedEx possession).

But, You? Paranoia? Definitely.

6. St Soichiro macrumors regular

I believe (pretty sure actually) is that they are listing local times and hence the confusion! All shipments from China/Taiwan/Far-East appear like this.

7. mcarnes thread starter macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Yeah, ok I was being paranoid. Whew, too much coffee. It's in Indiana now. It actually went from Taiwan to Alaska back to Taiwan and then to Indiana, but I assume FedEx knows what they're doing.

Corporations making everything overseas. Sad sad times for U.S. workers. Oh well.

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So your saying it went back to Taiwan from Alaska?

9. mcarnes thread starter macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Just wanted to update. I got my new 12" iBook today (3 days ahead of schedule) and could not be happier. It is in perfect shape and everything works flawlessly. I love it. Thanks Apple!

10. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

ok so i realized that this guy read the page wrong, but my laptop really did go from taiwan to alaska back to taiwan, then to me. At least thats what it said on the shipping page.

11. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

I love how so many people get confused when tracking packages that cross the international date line. The package went from Taiwan to Alaska to your local FedEx to your house.

Hickman

12. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

Local times plus the wonder of the international dateline........... :D

13. ricebag macrumors member

me too

My Powerbook shipped from China, my iPod from Taiwan, and both were still in those countries by the end of the first day. And then, the next day, they were at my doorstep. It blew me away.