My New Car

Discussion in 'Community' started by iJon, Aug 12, 2003.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Well I got my new car and I am so excited about i decided why not show the one site I'm on the most all day. It's an Acura TL Type S. White Diamond Pearl. If anyone is looking for a good luxury car, 4 door, and speed this is it. Acura and Honda make one hell of a product. Now I gotta say goodbye to the Legend.

http://homepage.mac.com/j.taylor/PhotoAlbum2.html

iJon

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

more like "see ya Legend!" :D

Congrats! That's a great looking car. How's the drive?

3. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

The legend was great, but was getting old and starting to have some problems. The legend only had 2 disc brakes, an older bose stereo and jumped more when shifting gears. The TLS has a much smoother ride, nice bose stereo, basically better everything all around. And with its 260 HP and VTECH engine it goes about 0-60 in 6 flat, which i plan to work on :). I want to keep the exterior looking luxurious. im not gonna turn this into some rice burning civic, this is an acura. I am just going to put some better parts under the hood like a chipe and a better air intake, maybe some sway bars later on. But for the most part I love it. It also has the Tiptronic sports shift, so i can shift on the fly without a clutch, its fun to do sometimes.

iJon

4. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I could never drive one because it lacks one thing--a manual. I just don't see how a company can make a "sports" car and then cripple it with an auto. But it is a good car and should last practically forever since it's a Honda.

5. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

since i dont race or anything i never felt the need for a manual. but this sports shift thing is real cool, wont shift up until i do it, same with down, it just doesnt have the clutch. i still love it though.

iJon

6. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

To each his own! But seriously, you have a really nice car. The TL is known to be of high quality and the type-S models are always impressive. Right now I am still driving my 1989 Ford Probe GT and will drive it until the day she can no longer be kept on the road. There's nothing like shifting your own gears to the sound of a turbo at full spool to get your heart racing.

7. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

no kidding, i need to get my radar detector in there ASAP.

iJon

8. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Very nice. The TL and RL are both very nice cars, as are all Acuras. Not cheap either. ;)

9. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Man, I have gotten 3 tickets...not fun. Personally, I'd go for either the RSX or the CL type-S since you can get a 6 speed in either and I am more for the coupe styling.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Damn, great car. Congratulations. :)

What I never understood is why cars like the Acura are never really included in sports sedan comparisons. The popular one is obviously the BMW 3 and 5 series, as well as the Nissan 350Z/Infiniti G35, the Cadillac CTS or whatever, and several others, but never the Acura, or Volvo for that matter. Its screwy.

Anyway, I'm relatively young when compared to some of you old geezers ;), and can't imagine being able to afford a car like that right now, but since my parents had a "thing" for Honda when I was young, I have also always had an affinity to the brand. I can't explain the brand loyalty since we haven't owned a Honda since 1994 (when I was 14), and that was an old piece of shyte rusty Civic. The same can be said for Volvo, yet I'll defend the brand to my deathbed. Great cars, IMO; better than magazines rate it. We have never had a single major problem with either of our Volvo's. Never. That's priceless to my parents, who simply don't want the hassle. They're sorta like our "Apple". ;)

That manu-matic thing always sounded cool to me. How exactly does it work? Its an automatic car, and yet it won't shift up unless you tell it to? What if I only wanted to use the straight-up automatic without ever shifting? Can I shift with my foot on/off the gas and brake?

GO ACURA!!!

11. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

If you notice, all those in the comparisons have manuals whereas the Volvos and Acuras generally don't even give you the option, and the people they target those comparisons for are die-hard drivers who would die in they had to be forced to drive an automatic.

12. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

hehe, cool, my dad just got his G35 3 days ago, it kicks.

Almost 200 more hp then is former car, the Mazda 232.

:eek:

Can you believe that? :eek:

Cool car, don't rice it, tha acura is good as is!

Please no hedge mower muffler!

::VVRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOMM:

So damn annoying... :mad:

13. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

I used to have a legend too. They drive very well and have good acceleration, but I finally sold it and bought something new.

14. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Sure is annoying...so is the G35 the coupe or the sedan? I have a poster of a red G35 coupe...it's damn sexy.:)

15. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

16. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

as for the sport shifter, if you look at my center console you can see it. right were D5 is you can move it left into sports shift. Then push up or down accordingly. its really fun. I dont like the CL because its a 2 door and I dont like the RSX because it is cramped small, coupe, and didnt have much power. The RL is real nice, but is much more towards town car so its much more top heavy. I believe the TL Type S is their fastest far other then getting into the NSX. Dont worry macman, now rice for me. I am just going to put performance parts under the hood, nothing on the outside besides Acura's OEM body kit. I have to go get the windows tinted, need to get 20/20 on the windows. nodody will be seeing inside my car.

iJon

17. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Just don't tint too dark...the police ticket for that, and for loud exhausts over here...

18. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wait a sec. You work at an Apple store, and you have enough money to buy one of those!!! :eek:

19. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Must be nice! :) I sold a winning scratch off lotto ticket to a woman who works at the Apple Store at my mall...$6000, she was so happy she gave me quite the hook up on anything I wanted at the store. I love working at the mall, but I definitely cannot afford a new car.

20. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

cops dont give a s*** about tinting here.half of my friends have 5% VLT on their cars and nothing happens. Oh, and you thought I bought this with my own money, hell no. I'm only 17.

iJon

21. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You must have worked pretty hard for your tickets. Here, in the Orlando area, almost no one ever gets stopped. As far as tinting goes, the Seminole County Sheriff's Department cars' tint is too dark according to the FHP. :D

22. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Gotta love the good 'ol FHP...poster-children of law that they are! Well, in Palm Beach, they have been cracking down hard on everything. I got a $80 ticket for driving through a yellow light...got ticketed $200 something on July 4 in a speed trap where the speed limit jumps from 55 to 40 instantly...and another for $150 a couple of months back for speeding up to pass someone to get into the turn lane. What really stinks is that I got two tickets only weeks after giving a donation to the local police as part of their fund raiser! :mad:

23. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

wow, nice car. i've heard good things about Acura's, but as you can guess i've only ever seen them in movies... althought i did see one at a hillclimb event once...

aarrrgggghhhhhh!!! :eek: :eek: no manual!!??? i could never have a car without a manual, although i guess that sports shift thingy could be fun. :)

24. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

Is that an Aztek I see in the garage? Say it ain't so, my dear brother!

25. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Unfortunately...my parents don't have taste...they have an Aztek for a car and a Dell for a computer!